JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get a lot of knowledgeable gun owners on this website and have learned to build my ARs as well. This site is almost alway open all of the time on my phone and laptop. :)

I joined this forum almost ten years ago when I first started shooting/collecting firearms. Since then I've used it as a place to learn, engage in firearms related discussions with fellow enthusiasts, and buy/sell in the classifieds. I stay out of the news and political threads. In large part, I've had nothing but good interactions with folks on here and have met some nice people through the classifieds.

I learned the hard way, again and again and again, that there is always a firearm guru that knows more than I do when I try to contribute techie stuff. OTH, I have also been able to learn things and ask for help on questions.

Although I am relatively new to NWFA...
I'm always finding some good firearms & PNW info.
Checking out other members guns and experiences.
Hawking the Classifieds.

All in all most members have been very welcoming and helpful. I also enjoy the occasional snarky yet witty banter.

10,000 likes/reactions closer to my dream of becoming internet (in)famous:s0094:

0333153F-3DFA-4C0E-A786-3CCD97807FD5.jpeg

I have yet to meet a bad apple from a face to face deal out of the classifieds. I stay in touch with @kummje @HighLine @SHOOTZMEDLER and @Shruglife and many others. When it comes to selling and trading, the forum has provided a many great opportunities and it has definitely helped fill the void while gun shows have been non existent during covid. I'm grateful for the new friendships and the one on one comradery that's unfolded as a result and I just added a new friend @SyHS to the pack this weekend. I have been a little put off by the quality of new members who are here in shear panic mode as they tend to lack common courtesy or sense. Outside of the classified threads there's been a handful of gun gods and keyboard commandos that needed some smoothing over and think @Joe Link addressed that eloquently in his recent letter to us all. I'll admit I haven't been on my best behavior (I've chirped from the dugout heavily) but I'm over the gouging and overall flakiness from the newbs. I hope things do shape up around here. I do feel a sense of recent renewal. Overall the forum has been a great resource for keeping me heavily immersed in firearms. :)

Excellent thread and thank you for posting it @Cogs .

As for what do I get out of Northwest Firearms...?

A place to hang out and talk about firearms , their related accoutrements and issues pertaining to firearms.
I also have gotten to meet a few members and made some friends.
The kindness and generosity of many members shown to myself and to others is very refreshing
welcome and to be honest , needed at times.

Northwest Firearms has also been very welcoming ( and forgiving...:D ) of my love of muzzle loading firearms...So perhaps a thank you from me , to all of you , for allowing me to share my enthusiasm
of these firearms with you is due.
Andy

Pay it forward thread! Great!

3 Bags of Trash thread! Encouraging!

Several members chipped in an bought a gun safe for another member in need! Awesome!

Several members donated parts to build AR's and I was a recipient of one! Very cool!

Members join in searches for missing people in the woods.

Some members gift membership upgrades to others!

And there's so much more that goes on here!

Lots of people doing good things for lots of people!

NWFA is my "Internet home" and it means a lot to me.

+1 to that!

NWFA is most definitely home on the web...
I've made some great friends, found some great deals, and learned so much in the few years I've been an active member here.

The best take away for me will always be the AR we built and gave away a few years ago.
I got back soo much more than I put into it... I was blessed with the opportunity to spend a couple days learning AR smithing from one of the best metal worker/ black gun guru's to ever spark a torch... RIP @IronMonster...Larry's passion for the black rifle was all too literally contagious, and I left Buhl, Idaho with a chronic case.
...and I got to see first hand the generosity and character of the members here... From those that selflessly donated parts..to the forum hall of famer that picked the recipient....RIP Sarge!
It doesn't matter what I'm doing online... if my browser is open, the first tab is always NWFA!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top