JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Re-reading The Company , by Robert Littell.
It is a fictional account of the Cold War...as seen through the eyes of both CIA and KGB spies real and fictional.
I recommend both the novel and mini- series.
Andy

I have those sitting here.

Are they are a chore to read?
For some odd reason I keep looking at them and do not feel motivated to start them.

That's funny because they are motivational! I enjoy them because my job has many parallels and I'm in a "position of leadership". I'm always trying to learn more to make sure I'm helping create a positive culture rather than stifling it.

That's funny because they are motivational! I enjoy them because my job has many parallels and I'm in a "position of leadership". I'm always trying to learn more to make sure I'm helping create a positive culture rather than stifling it.

Similar reasons why I bought them.
I have read a page here and there. I suppose I need to commit to read the full book.

I generally read during the winter months. Summer is for shootin' loadin', and building guns.This year I pulled out and re-read Baa Baa Black Sheep by Pappy Boyington. I met him many years ago and he very graciously signed my copy of his book which was first published in 1958. If you are unaware of his exploits, this book will keep you amazed and entertained. A true misfit, a fighter pilot extraordinaire, an original flying tiger, Marine Ace, and Congressional Medal Of Honor recipient. Highly recommended.

BaaBaaBlacksheep2.jpg BaaBaaBlacksheep.jpg

I recently picked a few new books and started them. One is a hunting book (Handgun Hunting, by. Mark Hampton), one fishing (Eging: Squid and Cuttlefish Fishing, by. Luigi Del Pizzo), and finally one on the Rajneesh movement (Wild Wild Guru, by. Subhuti Anand Waight).

I've watched the documentary Wild, Wild Country (2018) several times and found it fascinating, so started reading books here and there on the topic, from various perspectives. I have vague memories of that whole drama as a child growing up in Oregon and I lived just north of Antelope as a young man. That and I've found religious movements and philosophies interesting over the years, even ones with negative reception.

I have no idea of any of these three are any good as I've just started them, but appears to be interesting.

Libro.jpg

...and finally one on the Rajneesh movement (Wild Wild Guru, by. Subhuti Anand Waight).

I've watched the documentary Wild, Wild Country (2018) several times and found it fascinating, so started reading books here and there on the topic, from various perspectives. I have vague memories of that whole drama as a child growing up in Oregon and I lived just north of Antelope as a young man. That and I've found religious movements and philosophies interesting over the years, even ones with negative reception.
I was in my mid-to-late 20s and nearing college graduation on the East Coast when those shenanigans started up in Antelope, then moved out here promptly after graduation. Always thought they were a bunch of pie-eyed misfits, and wanted to drive on down just to "take a tour" and see the circus. Years and years of driving back and forth between the Tri-Cities and Smith Rocks for climbing trips took me through Madras and the turn-off for Antelope, but I never twisted the wheel in that direction.

Recently, I watched the Wild, Wild Country documentary in all its parts, and I was fascinated to say the least. Even though now that it's a kids' ranch of sorts, I would still like to drive on down just to check it out, if nothing else just to savor the nostalgia of that time gone by... And as a civil engineer, to marvel at how they built a small city harboring thousands in the middle of the central Oregon desert...

These 3 works below will shock your sensibilities of what you think you know about how and what WW2 really was and how it started. I'm on my second read of Freedom Betrayed.

1st) "Freedom Betrayed" By President Herbert Hoover - Hoover worked all of his life on this work, it was his "Magnum Opus".

2) "Operation Snow: How a Soviet Mole in FDR's White House Triggered Pearl Harbor" When the Soviet Union fell, the shocking knowledge gained from the #2 in the secret police puts a lot of facts together that the USSR wanted the US to be at war with Japan, they strove for that and were able to achieve it. This is how that happened and why over 20,000 government workers were fired or quit in the 2 year period not long after WW2 for being security risks (communists).

3) "The Chief Culprit: Stalin's Grand Design to Start World War II" - by
Viktor Suvorov. Suvorov is one of 2 high level Soviet Agent who defected to the west. If you have always wondered why Germany attacked the USSR, Suvorov has that answered down pat.

Last Edited:
BARBARELLA RETURNS TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE, BATTLE SPACE ALIENS IN FIRST LOOK AT DYNAMITE'S NEW COMIC SERIES.

Quick answers: [from author Sarah Hoyt]

No it's not based on movie with — spit — Jane Fonda. I actually leaned heavily on the original French comics, but well…. she might be a little more libertarian than the original, because I'm still me.

Yes, I am ashamed of myself for self promoting. That is a permanent condition with me, which is why I promote my friends more than I promote me. But, on the other hand, I'm trying to promote myself more, ashamed or not. Because I have bills to pay, cats to feed and things I want to do that require money. That's why.

More photos and pages at the above link.

"Dynamite's Barbarella #1 arrives on July 21 and includes provocative variant covers by Brian Bolland (Batman: The Killing Joke), Lucio Parrillo, Derrick Chew, Dani, and cosplayer Rachel Hollon."

b1.jpg

Thread revival!!

I just finished Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln about Lincoln's presidency and, specifically, the people he chose for his cabinet. It provides excellent insight into the decisions of one of the few presidents that has had the country's best interests at heart. Also of interest is the obvious manipulation of the press by both sides. Think biased reporting is new?? Think again!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top