JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm not in the market to buy another gun at the moment, but I have made some observations during my trips through Wholesale Sports, Bi-Mart, Walmart and the local gun shops.

Everybody has bought up all the ammo they can. I have a hard time finding 22lr, .223, 30-06, 7.62x39 etc etc.

So what's left in bulk? What caliber gun should you buy if there's a nation-wide run on EVERYThInG and you want to still find ammo to feed your gun?

From what I see still on the shelves it's .40, 17hmr, 22mag, 9mm and maybe some .357mag. Oh and 380acp.

Other thoughts? Anybody have similar observations?

I had a hard time finding 9mm yesterday, bimart, walmart, gun broker were all out of 9mm. Wholesale sports had the hsm reload in stock of 9mm and 223.
Seems like everyone had .40 and 12gauge and .45

These ammo shortages are the best ever case made for owning a shotgun in either 12 or 20 gauge.

I got a 250 round case of Hornady Critical Defense in 00Buck as a Christmas present from my dog. It was ordered after Sandy Hook.

What does THIS shortage have to do with possible future shortages? The only thing this shortage shows is what is gone THIS time.

I remember just a year or two ago you could buy any caliber you wanted OTHER then .380 and people were paying $50 a box for FMJ stuff. There have been lots of different times when one type of ammo or another has been in short supply.

What THIS (and all the other) shortages should tell you is 2 things. First you should have a reasonable supply of ammo on hand for any guns you have and plan on shooting. Yes I know it is impossible for most people to afford/store 10k+ ammo for each caliber and that is not what I am talking about. The second thing this should show is that it is good to have some diversity in calibers so that when times are tight you are not limited to one thing.

These ammo shortages are the best ever case made for owning a shotgun in either 12 or 20 gauge.

I got a 250 round case of Hornady Critical Defense in 00Buck as a Christmas present from my dog. It was ordered after Sandy Hook.

damn, even your dog is smarter than a liberal! will you take 10k for the dog?!?!:s0155:

Any wildcat rounds are still left! .222 and .224 are still on the shelves at my bimart, but not 2.23. rounds up to .300 are left, then 308 is gone, lots of 06 left, and everything above that is still there as far as rifle rounds. Most handgun rounds are spotty, Wild bills has CASES of 9mm.

just bought some .17HMR for @9/box at bi-mart a couple days ago; they had a bunch of it. i have a bunch of it too... just seem to grab 4 or 5 boxes whenever its on sale. say what ya will, but i love the .17HMR...

.30-30 was at bi-mart and NW Armory

haven't noticed 9mm anywhere in a little while.

.45, the most i see is a box or two on the shelf, usually the overpriced critical defence

.40 seems to be around at the local portland bi-marts as of a couple days ago... probably saw more of that than anything else

Was just at BiMart yesterday, no. 22lr in stock, and the handgun ammo shelves were pretty bare. Good thing I picked up some 9mm when they had it on sale a couple weeks ago, im set up ok there, and that's all I have right now. Did see lots of. 17 though, thinking about picking one of those rifles up.

$390 (per 1k case) for 7.62x39 at the gun show today. I passed because there were a few websites with inventory last night. All gone today.

Crazy. I'd love to know of a source of inventory in that caliber of anyone knows of one :)

Mcpoo

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top