Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Westward Ho!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stef, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Stef

Stef Seattle, WA New Member

Howdy! I'm planning to move from Boston out to the Seattle area sometime next year so I jumped in here to get a feel for things so I won't be a complete stranger when I'm finally out there.

I've been shooting off and on my whole life and recently became an NRA instructor. The safe I bought last year is already too small, I don't own nearly enough firearms and lord help me I'm going to start reloading soon.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome.

3. Bojo

Bojo Skagit Member

Congrats on your escape from occupied territory.
    I'm a former inmate of NYC myself.
    It's much better on this side of the wire.

4. Vaultman

Vaultman Clackamas Co, Oregon Active Member

That reloading stuff makes a guy get serious. Have fun with it. & Welcome to the forum.

5. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Welcome!

6. Page.k

Page.k Seattle Active Member

Reloading can become a time eater. If you start reloading start with the ammo for the hard to find or the ones that cost the most to buy. I like to try to get components in bulk so I don't have to rework my load data for some thing new being added. But welcome and I hope you find what your looking for.

7. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Westward Ho! Hey, no name calling around here:bluelaugh:
    Welcome to the site.-John

8. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! westward ho ? seems to me i dated a couple of those ! LOL ! i'm certain you'll enjoy yourself here ! the forums call for tall boots , and thick skin at times, but we do have fun !! enjoy yourself, and keep us posted on when the "big" move comes.....

steven

9. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. Loved Boston the few times I travelled there, but you couldn't pay me to live there. Some messed up gun laws back east.

10. Stef

Stef Seattle, WA New Member

Figured I'd bump this up as I've made the move and have finally gotten settled in in lovely West Seattle. I stopped in at the Seattle PD on 9/21 to apply for my CPL and had it in the mail 15 days later. What a pleasant surprise compared to the hoops I was forced to jump through in Boston to even get a restricted permit (CCW for Boston residents is generally limited to people who can prove a "business need" or those who are friends of the "system").

Now I just need to figure out where the good local ranges and shops are so I can start enriching the local economy :)

11. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome aboard and to the West Coast!