JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Re: Manners

So if a dude pm's you about your gun ad w/ "Want, have cash, call 360-xxx-xxxx" and then simply never responds to your messages....

Meanwhile, you gaff off 2 buyers, who were apparently, frantically looking for guns because they have the courtesy to get back to you and say, to a man, "I wanted your rig, but I bought another because they're all disappearing."

Not a huge deal but a real pain in the ***.

There's a question in here somewhere, which is: How does the "ignore button" work? Quite well I hope. Is a negative feedback warranted in a situation like this?

Should I just buck up, and chalk it all up to the current frenzy? Or am I just being a whiny little bubblegum?

When someone accepts the terms and says "I'll take it" and you acknowledge their offer and indicate that they're first in line, that's it, barring anything unforseen like the item isn't as represented or the guy has no State ID etc.
So essentially, the I'll take it - You've got it, exchange is a contract. (particularly if timely, 15 minutes in this case.)
If you fail to perform it should be noted I think. If either rejects for cause, that's another story. The fact is, I held it on his word and lost sales over it.

These forums are self regulated by, what I hope are, polite, decent people.

Just because it's listed here, doesn't mean it isn't for sale somewhere else. We all know that.

I believe there's a "neutral" button for feedback. Perhaps that's appropriate. Facts is facts....and it may help you screen out a dirtbag in the future.

I sadly don't consider a deal done until money changes hands.

I just got screwed as the buyer trying to buy mags from a guy, we made the deal on the 12-4 before all this current craze. Things happened, and I feel I have been shafted ruffly a month later. I value communication a lot, and while my moral compass says a deal is a deal its a tough call.

How long have you given the guy? Any extenuating circumstance? Things are moving fast right now, and I think we all have to take that in mind. Not sure its worth negative feedback without details but I would say in current market if someone doesn't get back to you in 2-3days its in your right and you should be looking for a new buyer or seller. By all means let them know your moving on from a deal, kinda an *** if you don't, but more then 2-3 days and I think your only hurting your self.

I just got screwed as the buyer trying to buy mags from a guy, we made the deal on the 12-4 before all this current craze. Things happened, and I feel I have been shafted ruffly a month later. I value communication a lot, and while my moral compass says a deal is a deal its a tough call.

How long have you given the guy? Any extenuating circumstance? Things are moving fast right now, and I think we all have to take that in mind. Not sure its worth negative feedback without details but I would say in current market if someone doesn't get back to you in 2-3days its in your right and you should be looking for a new buyer or seller. By all means let them know your moving on from a deal, kinda an *** if you don't, but more then 2-3 days and I think your only hurting your self.

Made it big for all of you in the cheap seats.

If a guy says "I'll take it" I expect to hear from him right away. If nothing then it's fair game to move to the next in line. After all, if he can commit in your thread, it only takes less than a minute to send a pm.

Real simple,give them a disclaimer that the gun has to stay "for sale" until they come get it.
Something comes up and they never come get it? You lose a sale...or 3
I never have a problem with this as a buyer. I would hate to say " I'll take it" and then all heck breaks loose and I don't make it to the buyer.

Now if the buyer is on their way from an hour away,then it's held for them.
But you said he didn't return PMs? He gets nothing

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads