JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These facebook goons are sure getting touchy. This time they haven't even told me what I said that was BAD. Well I guess I will get a littl more done not worrying about FB for this week.

These facebook goons are sure getting touchy. This time they haven't even told me what I said that was BAD. Well I guess I will get a littl more done not worrying about FB for this week.
That place went woke a LONG time ago. I remind myself once in a while to check mine just in case someone from the past is trying to reach out. I long ago quit bothering to use them for anything.

On actual facebook almost everything I do is discuss Willys jeeps or shop stuff maybe a little Pink Floyd or Abandoned Places I belong to a bunch of pages. I am pretty sure this has something to do with some Tik Tok video I must have commented on that was seen through Facebook.

This stuff must make them feel pretty powerful. Say something one of the wanna-be, snowflake, woke controller's/moderators thinks might trigger someone and its...."Double Secret Probation"! After an, unknown to you, magic number. "ACCOUNT DISSABLED!", for FIVE DAYS! They love it! On ifish it's been made known that the word "Woke" has the power to disable an account. And like you said Mark, all you have to do is post on a contentious thread, even if your post isn't contentious! Makes YOU blamed for others actions. Hey? That sounds like the state of Oregon and the common sense gun law stuff?

Well, it is their sandbox, and their rules....
I've even run afoul here once or twice, and even though I disagree with the individual who moderated me, it's the way it is, and I do understand why it is that way here.

However, when COVID was in early stages, another forum I'm on started a COVID thread. Unfortunately, it seems my interests in that forums subjects aligns with mostly people who are totally opposite of me socially. Everyone's drinking the Kool aid over there, and on the COVID thread I stated that the vaccines can't prevent transmission, so I was disagreeing with the whole "protect other people" lie that was going on at the time.
Banned. Completely.
A few weeks later another moderator emailed me, apologized and reinstated me.
I stayed away from that COVID thread anyways because I won't win that fight no matter the facts.

That's part of the plan.... cultivate a highly censored discussion and have it freely available on the internet. By culling dissenting opinions and members, the subject just goes in one direction and develops a sense of "truth" in the echo chamber.....

Everything I said 2-3 years ago has eventually been validated, but the censorship continues.

last time I checked my main account has been in facebook jail 49 times now. If you aren't getting 30 day stints in the joint then your memes aren't spicy enough. If you get the ban for something offensive always appeal so they at least have to look at it again.

1680545761109.png

1680545523213.png

1680545492455.png

1680545568075.png

Aloha, Mark

PS.......I don't do FB and anyway, Zuck $*^k$.

Well, it is their sandbox, and their rules....
I agree with this. If I've been moderated here before I haven't been notified? Don't care either. Forums that use that kind of moderation shouldn't be called a "Forum". When some ideas are allowed and a large number of opinion or ideas are canceled, and the members punished!? That's not a forum.
Speaking for myself, people joining a forum grow with it. Become part of the community. Treat those people like children and they'll remain children, or leave the forum. It's the members that make the forum. Treat 'em like crap and you'll end up with a crap website.

If you have been keeping up with the Twitter files you would know that Twitter and fakebook and Instagram are censored by the government. It's all there on the Twitter files, it was even brought before congress and proven.

I agree with this. If I've been moderated here before I haven't been notified? Don't care either. Forums that use that kind of moderation shouldn't be called a "Forum". When some ideas are allowed and a large number of opinion or ideas are canceled, and the members punished!? That's not a forum.
Speaking for myself, people joining a forum grow with it. Become part of the community. Treat those people like children and they'll remain children, or leave the forum. It's the members that make the forum. Treat 'em like crap and you'll end up with a crap website.
Yet another time I agree with you. Well said . . . . .

This stuff must make them feel pretty powerful. Say something one of the wanna-be, snowflake, woke controller's/moderators thinks might trigger someone and its...."Double Secret Probation"! After an, unknown to you, magic number. "ACCOUNT DISSABLED!", for FIVE DAYS! They love it! On ifish it's been made known that the word "Woke" has the power to disable an account. And like you said Mark, all you have to do is post on a contentious thread, even if your post isn't contentious! Makes YOU blamed for others actions. Hey? That sounds like the state of Oregon and the common sense gun law stuff?
A lot of the moderation is automated. You can't run a site that big and have everything done by humans. You'd need a small town of moderators just to keep up. The have automation that looks for key words and phrases. The "algorithm" that you hear about is a bit of computer code that can look for relationships between words. For example, it might trigger on the word b!tch. If the context is dogs, it's probably OK. If it's a phrase like "life's a b!tch" it's fine. If someone is calling someone else's mother a naughty word, not so much. There are way more complex rules than that, but you get the picture. The thing is, they will use that as an excuse, when the reality is, those rules were written by people who have obviously injected their bias into the algorithm. It wasn't a computer error; it was deliberate action.

I've heard rumors that starting next Monday, people that get banned from
Facebook will be awarded the Medal of Honor.
Ceremonies will be at the White House on the first of every month.
Darn, you just missed it this month.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR