JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now I need something between 5.56 and 300 wby. Thinking 308 or 30-06.
I would go with the .308 for your mid power gun. you have the hammer and the garden hose the 308 is milder recoil and uses less powder for times like this when reloading. I own all you have mentioned and love them all for what they do, long range accuracy with enough power to drop any known game in N. America for the Weatherby, enough stopping power for the deer and elk sized animals out to 500 yds. for a .308. (ethical shots on game makes this a long shot for me with a .308) in a pinch it shoots farther if you know the gun round combo. and of course the 5.56 is well known as a fun to shoot light recoiling rifle. Honestly My 30-06 has become less included in my rotation than I would have ever believed 20 years ago!

You are probably right. 308 is probably my next bolt gun. But I'm not ruling out anything, if a 7mm mauser or a 243 turns up it will be considered. Depends on a lot of variables.

I have met few guns I didn't want to own :) even if I really never considered it, if I have the money and the price is right?
Ain't that the truth. I remember when my (now ex) wife said I could spend $500 on a gun purchase, I ordered 6 91/30's on my c&r. She flipped out when she saw them. I kept the best 2 sold the rest, pretty much broke even.

IMG_20210610_063310.jpg IMG_20210610_063235.jpg
Refinished the stock

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top