JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To those heading out to the coast range this weekend, there's a corker of a blow heading inland tonight and tomorrow. With the leaf load still on the alders, there's the very real chance of being trapped in by downfall on back roads.

Here's the skinny: * SATURDAY WIND STRENGTH: SOUTH WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS
OF 50 TO 60 MPH FOR COASTAL COMMUNITIES AND 60 TO 70 MPH NEAR
BEACHES AND HEADLANDS.

* SATURDAY TIMING: WINDS WILL LIKELY PEAK DURING THE AFTERNOON
AND EARLY EVENING HOURS...DECREASING FROM NORTH TO SOUTH
DURING THE EVENING SO THAT THE HIGHEST WINDS SHOULD BE OVER
BY 7 PM FOR THE SOUTH WASHINGTON COAST AND BY 10 PM SATURDAY
FOR THE CENTRAL OREGON COAST.

* SUNDAY WIND STRENGTH: SOUTH WINDS OF 35 TO 45 MPH WITH GUSTS
OF55 TO 65 MPH FOR COASTAL COMMUNITIES AND 70 TO 80 MPH NEAR
BEACHES AND HEADLANDS.

* SUNDAY TIMING: WINDS WILL LIKELY PEAK DURING THE AFTERNOON
AND EVENING HOURS.

This is old hat for many of us who live down here, but with the very real possibility of hurricane class winds combined with biblical rains, expect slides and downed trees.

We have all heard it before, but let somebody know where your going, when you'll be back, yadi, yadi.
Good luck to all.

I hear you. I'm going to shave, shower, charge chargeables, store some more water and un-bar the walk-through detached garage door this morning.. amongst other things.
Power outages suck.

I hunted outside Maupin Saturday. The deer had all dug foxholes and crawled into them. Saturday evening it was blowing 40 mph and raining sideways. I gave up at 18:30 because I had a really bad cold coming on. Spent the day in bed today and am glad I did. Maybe Tuesday or so I'll feel better and the deer may cooperate.

Power outages suck.

While power outages are inconvenient to a rather cushy lifestyle, I don't mind them. It allows me a great opportunity to give thanks for all the things I take for granted every day. Besides, it is like camping for a few hours, or night, or a day or two. It helps me plan for longer outages.

Which reminds me...I need to start my list for this year's "Arctic Blast 2013/14" or whatever they are going to call it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top