JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I finally went on a Police ride along!

I have been wanting to do this for the long time. I was just waiting for the weather to cool off because I was gonna wear body armor and I didn't want to cook lol and I wanted to plan it so I would end up with a three day weekend as well.

It was a pretty quiet night and we didn't really have any interesting calls. The deputy was a 30 year old male who worked construction before getting into law enforcement. After the market/economy issues in 2008, he decided to move out of construction and he began to work in the Washington Co. jail. He did that for three years before moving to patrol. He has four years in criminal justice and he was not in the military. He has a wife and two daughters (5&7) and his wife really digs having a cop for a husband and she is supportive of him.

He was mellow and chill and pretty mature for his age. He was not a power hungry D-Bag and he was pretty fair with the people he ran into as part of our ride along. He is into hunting and fishing, and he is pro gun. I asked him if he would go collect the guns if he was ordered to do so (the gun ban stuff/confiscation etc.) and he said NO :D

He carried a Glock 17 Gen 3 for his duty pistol and Federal for his ammo ( I asked if it was HST and he said "I think so"). He also had a 12 Ga. Remington 870 with the light bearing forend.

Overall it was fun but I wish we had some code 3 calls and maybe a car chase or two lol. Right before we took off to start the shift, there was a shooting in Hillsboro and three units hauled butt out of the parking lot and I got all excited, thinking we were gonna join them, but guess what? nope!
In the future, if I can work it into my schedule, I might take the citizen's academy program they have.

Thanks for sharing. Most cops I know are really cool, down to earth guys. I'm sure there are d-bags out there but the ones I know are really kickass, I'd grab a beer with them anytime.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top