JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish I would have purchased the Royal Berkey, We are using the water to cook with,and for canning,fermenting ect. So we are going through it rather quickly,I am only running two filters in it,saving the other 2 for emergency use,but with all 4 it would probably keep up,its right on the edge of being to small,for our family of 5..... sure is nice seeing the kids drinking water though,they never drank bottle water like this,no plastic taste...sweeet.

Another thought on an additional water source if you have or can make electricity...
In June I bought a Danby 60 pint dehumidifier for our basement. It takes surprisingly little time to pull 60 pints of water out of the air. If you don't want to empty a tank it comes with a kit to pipe the water into a reservoir or drain.

Bottom line: If you've got a basement and live in the pacific northwest, you *need* a dehumidifier, regardless of how dry you think your basement is.

Gravy: If you can make electricity, you can pull water out of the air. To accelerate collection, simply crack a window during the damp 10 months of the year :)
Of course you'll still need to clean the water for cooking or hygiene, but for a toilet flushings and a supplement to your water supply, you're ready to go.

Now I just need to get some wind generators, a battery setup and a better inverter...
But at least my basement is dry! Good for the house and good for the guns!

Do not use dehumidifier water. Beyond probably being loaded with bugs...the water has also been in direct and prolonged contact with the lead-based components of the system. I'd highly recommend against dehumidifier water for anything other than flushing toilets or something of that nature.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top