1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Washington Trailer Licensing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cbzdel, Jan 31, 2011.

1. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I just picked up a cheap trailer from Harbor Fright. Anyone know if I just go to the DOL and register it? It came with a VIN # and certificate of origin. I was looking at the State Patrol websites and it says they are only required for home made trailers. I was under the impression that all unlicensed trailers needed an inspection and the SP added an inspection sticker or something to it.

I would call, but I am at work and I can easily get away with internet but not so easily get away with personal calls :bluelaugh:
  2. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

I bought a snowbear utility trailer a few years ago, and it came with a vin and MSO. I just took it to a sub-agent(much more helpful and faster than actual DMV folks, and worth the $10), paid my money and walked out with a license plate. Make sure you take your HF receipt with you so you can prove you already paid sales tax on it.
  3. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

YUP, just take the stuff you got into the DMV.
  4. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

The only reason for an inspection is if you don't have a VIN. Then they will stamp one on for you (to the tune of $50).