1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Washington Trailer Licensing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cbzdel, Jan 31, 2011.

  1. cbzdel

    cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

    Likes Received:
    I just picked up a cheap trailer from Harbor Fright. Anyone know if I just go to the DOL and register it? It came with a VIN # and certificate of origin. I was looking at the State Patrol websites and it says they are only required for home made trailers. I was under the impression that all unlicensed trailers needed an inspection and the SP added an inspection sticker or something to it.

    I would call, but I am at work and I can easily get away with internet but not so easily get away with personal calls :bluelaugh:
  2. KalamaMark

    KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    I bought a snowbear utility trailer a few years ago, and it came with a vin and MSO. I just took it to a sub-agent(much more helpful and faster than actual DMV folks, and worth the $10), paid my money and walked out with a license plate. Make sure you take your HF receipt with you so you can prove you already paid sales tax on it.
  3. Rix

    Rix Tacoma Active Member

    Likes Received:
    YUP, just take the stuff you got into the DMV.
  4. Kimber Custom

    Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

    Likes Received:
    The only reason for an inspection is if you don't have a VIN. Then they will stamp one on for you (to the tune of $50).