JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fully agree with the OP.

The Army sent me to JBLM back when WA was blue but relatively sane. I tried it for nearly a decade but got fed up and left last year for a free state. Yes, Washington is a national joke and disgrace. Don't hold out any hope of the state splitting. It won't happen ever or any time soon.

The thing that drove me nuts is the total lack of care and the apathy of the 1-2 million non-voters. The margins of many races and ballot initiatives was well within those margins of non-voters who could have saved their state from insanity. Some races were decided by 10k votes...

And the problem that so many fail to understand is that every step they allow marching closer to lunacy, they are hemorrhaging all the sane voters who could help save the state but are bailing from the sinking ship. So it gets harder every year because those, like me, who might have been willing to invest there are simply not interested and take our votes and guns and money and flee the sinking ship. So every year there's 50,000 lunatics moving in and a huge number of sane people fleeing... Obviously it's harder each year to fix it because people with our values do NOT want to move there.

Fully agree with the OP.

The Army sent me to JBLM back when WA was blue but relatively sane. I tried it for nearly a decade but got fed up and left last year for a free state. Yes, Washington is a national joke and disgrace. Don't hold out any hope of the state splitting. It won't happen ever or any time soon.

The thing that drove me nuts is the total lack of care and the apathy of the 1-2 million non-voters. The margins of many races and ballot initiatives was well within those margins of non-voters who could have saved their state from insanity. Some races were decided by 10k votes...

And the problem that so many fail to understand is that every step they allow marching closer to lunacy, they are hemorrhaging all the sane voters who could help save the state but are bailing from the sinking ship. So it gets harder every year because those, like me, who might have been willing to invest there are simply not interested and take our votes and guns and money and flee the sinking ship. So every year there's 50,000 lunatics moving in and a huge number of sane people fleeing... Obviously it's harder each year to fix it because people with our values do NOT want to move there.

Well, eventually it will be helpful to have people on 'the inside' lol. The sad reality is however cancer spreads and if the last 30 years are an example, it's only a matter of time before it finds root in those places sane people are fleeing to.

Well, eventually it will be helpful to have people on 'the inside' lol. The sad reality is however cancer spreads and if the last 30 years are an example, it's only a matter of time before it finds root in those places sane people are fleeing to.

Perhaps. Just know that those people on the "inside" have their taxes go toward lunacy. They at some point like CA are deprived gun rights or risk felony convictions. They live under umbrellas of lunatic laws, fringe nonsense, insanity, and so forth... This forum, and others, are filled daily with gripes and complaints of the outlandishness and lunacy in Washington. How many normal folks want to stay there??

I'm not looking to be a martyr or statistic. Someone up stream suggested going to confront CHAZ occupants and so forth. Yeah, right. I've got no interest in making the news and prison or death for something I barely care about in a place I've long ago left.

The right way to do this is voting sanely. And WA residents have long ago abandoned that thru apathy or foolishness. The only encouragement is that there's 2 million on the sidelines and they could swing it and make a difference if they'd bother...

I don't hold out hope. I personally know, or in my larger circles, scores who have left or planning to leave. And they're taking their guns, gun votes, taxes, and such with them. And that's anecdotal. I bet millions of folks are having this conversation at dinner tables all across Washington, plotting their exit.

Last Edited:
Perhaps. Just know that those people on the "inside" have their taxes go toward lunacy. They at some point like CA are deprived gun rights or risk felony convictions. They live under umbrellas of lunatic laws, fringe nonsense, insanity, and so forth... This forum, and others, are filled daily with gripes and complaints of the outlandishness and lunacy in Washington. How many normal folks want to stay there??

I'm not looking to be a martyr or statistic. Someone up stream suggested going to confront CHAZ occupants and so forth. Yeah, right. I've got no interest in making the news and prison or death for something I barely care about in a place I've long ago left. I'm sorta in the "let it burn" camp. They all made their bed, and I barely care if it burns to the ground...

The right way to do this is voting sanely. And WA residents have long ago abandoned that thru apathy or foolishness. The only encouragement is that there's 2 million on the sidelines and they could swing it and make a difference if they'd bother...

I don't hold out hope. I personally know, or in my larger circles, scores who have left or planning to leave. And they're taking their guns, gun votes, taxes, and such with them. And that's anecdotal. I bet millions of folks are having this conversation at dinner tables all across Washington, plotting their exit.

The future is interesting to say the least. I'm 4th generation Seattleite, it will be a while before I go anywhere, but it's not impossible, just very unlikely.

Police chiefs are often little more than politicians with a badge once promoted to that lofty position.

Seattle and King County being prime examples.

Allowing rioters and anarchists to take over on Capitol Hill is a surrender of authority and abrogation of responsibility. This is a very slippery slope that the City of Seattle should already be wary of. Having exercised a light hand with respect to vagrancy, the city wound up with legions of homeless they can't get rid of along with all the attendant street crime that soft politicians give a pass. Such as graffiti, which exploded during the same time that vagrancy was allowed to sink deep root. No coincidence and just one of many indicators.

When I was a kid growing up, the phrase was, "Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile."

As a Seattle area native I'm sickened by what I see from the west side these days. I had no desire to move back other than to bask in cooler weather and support my folks.

We returned to Washington to be closer to my aging parents. We are independent business owners who can live virtually anywhere in the country. I lost my Dad only months after returning from what I refer to as 'free states' south of here. So glad I could spend his last moments at his side. Mom's health is fragile in itself.

We're in a small town in Eastern Washington which is in the reddest county of the state. Gun friendly conservatives for the most part, including our Sheriff. Nothing like living on the loony west side. A 'free county' if you will. I'm a big advocate of splitting our half of the state away from the leftist west. But we may sell off our properties and get the hell out of the state rather than put up with this BS any longer. If we lose Mom anytime soon, we'll be gone. Inslee and his nanny state politics are despicable.

If Seattle and the west side doesn't wake up to what it's become then I have to state that they deserve everything coming to them. I'm not sure it's worth fighting for but if we don't do it then who's going to? Obviously not elected officials or the police. I don't see Oath Keepers stepping up anytime soon (I'm a member). My out of state gun buddies are split, not sure if it's their problem or that of Seattle alone. Many of them feel that Seattle deserves what it gets and are hoping this is an educational moment for them. Others feel this will spread and are demanding to nip it in the bud ASAP.

For the record, Washington and Seattle are an absolute JOKE in the eyes of much of the nation. I speak as both a native and outsider. It's an embarrassment. Not what it was in the 60's when I was growing up. I left the state as a young adult, in search of sunshine and happier people after my job took me to both on a 28 state tour.

Why aren't area residents up in arms and surrounding 'CHAZ' in the masses, filling the streets over the entire Capitol Hill area in protest? What a bunch of mind-numbed sheep, the same type who'd elect such public representatives to begin with...

For the record, the PEOPLE are in charge of the government, not the other way around. The People aren't supposed to fear the government, it's the other way around. That's why we have 2A rights. We need to send the state (and NATION) a message. WE'VE HAD ENOUGH.

No use ranting here but if this is an intro then you have a good feel for where I stand. Take our state back or split it in half and allow freedom and liberty lovers flee the west in droves. IMHO it's the gun community who's going to have to lead that paradigm shift.

We are losing our nation to treasonous anarchist cowards, and Seattle has become the EPICENTER of that movement. Which side are you on, that of seeing our gun rights eroded away a fragment at a time, or that of making Washington a free state, with permitless carry as only the beginning of the restoration of our rights as Washingtonians?

I know where I stand. We need to organize and initiate. Any less and history will reflect our inaction.
Welcome back to the PNW

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads