JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
07 is Manufacturer of firearms. They perform operations which create firearms or alter firearms (in the case of alterations, the work is not being performed at the request of customers, rather the person who is altering the firearms is purchasing them, making the changes, and then reselling them)

This means they modify or make it and sell it to someone else for a profit that includes collecting and paying 10% or 11% excise take on the total of the sale.

02 is a Pawnbroker. They can sell it or hold it and give you a loan on it.

If you need someone to weld on a gun for money you need an 01 dealer/gunsmith. If no money is exchanged then no license is needed at all.

Okay I'll be a little more clear. I'm looking for Type 7manufacturer of firearms and ammunition/Class 2 manufacturer & dealer of NFA firearms.
A type Type 10 Manufacturer of firearms, ammunition and ammunition components, manufacturer of destructive devices, ammunition for destructive devices, and armor piercing ammunition/Class 2 manufacturer & dealer of NFA firearms.
So barrel $$ + Tax Stamp + can + welding fees = 16in barrel with can. I'll like to get things worked out before trying to get a "Tax Stamp" >I live in Seattle, Wa.:(<.
But if I was thinking for getting a Receiver "Re-welded" an type 07 will work. That maybe my back-up idea. :cool:

Never knew an 07/02 was a pawnbroker??.....

It may help if we knew what kind of work needed done? If you can do most of the work, and can be there, there's a chance someone could help you with their tools and get it done for ya.

07/02 is a commonly used term for someone who holds an 07 FFL (Manufacturer of Firearms other than Destructive Devices) and an is an 02 SOT (Special Occupational Taxpayer).

Absolutely nothing to do with pawn brokers.

07 is Manufacturer of firearms. They perform operations which create firearms or alter firearms (in the case of alterations, the work is not being performed at the request of customers, rather the person who is altering the firearms is purchasing them, making the changes, and then reselling them)

This means they modify or make it and sell it to someone else for a profit that includes collecting and paying 10% or 11% excise take on the total of the sale.

02 is a Pawnbroker. They can sell it or hold it and give you a loan on it.

If you need someone to weld on a gun for money you need an 01 dealer/gunsmith. If no money is exchanged then no license is needed at all.

07/02 is a commonly used term for someone who holds an 07 FFL (Manufacturer of Firearms other than Destructive Devices) and an is an 02 SOT (Special Occupational Taxpayer).

Absolutely nothing to do with pawn brokers.

I thought he was looking for an 07 or an 02. An 02 FFL is a pawnbroker license. I put up a correction with a complete descrition of all licenses and the mods took it down. I believe I also helped by giving him some lists of businesses that hold the license he is looking for.

Here is the list again. Let's see how long it lasts this time.

A Class 3 SOT dealer is a dealer of NFA firearms
A Class 2 SOT manufacturer is a manufacturer of NFA firearms
A Class 1 SOT importer is an importer of NFA firearms

Type 1 FFL is a Title 1 dealer or gunsmith
Type 2 FFL is a Title 1 dealer doing business as a pawnbroker
Type 3 FFL is a licensed collector of Curio & Relic (C&R) firearms
Type 6 FFL is a licensed maker of ammunition and reloading components other than Armor Piercing ammunition
Type 7 FFL is a Title 1 manufacturer of firearms, ammunition and ammunition components other than NFA, Destructive Devices and Armor Piercing ammunition
Type 8 FFL is an importer of Title 1 firearms and ammunition
Type 9 FFL is a dealer in Title 1 firearms including NFA destructive devices, but no other NFA
Type 10 FFL is a manufacturer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition and ammunition components, including NFA Destructive Devices but no other NFA, and not including Armor Piercing ammunition
Type 11 FFL is an importer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition and NFA Destructive Devices, but no other NFA

The descriptions for 9,10 & 11 FFL's are incorrect. (see highlighted below)

I thought he was looking for an 07 or an 02. An 02 FFL is a pawnbroker license. I put up a correction with a complete descrition of all licenses and the mods took it down. I believe I also helped by giving him some lists of businesses that hold the license he is looking for.

Here is the list again. Let's see how long it lasts this time.

A Class 3 SOT dealer is a dealer of NFA firearms
A Class 2 SOT manufacturer is a manufacturer of NFA firearms
A Class 1 SOT importer is an importer of NFA firearms

Type 1 FFL is a Title 1 dealer or gunsmith
Type 2 FFL is a Title 1 dealer doing business as a pawnbroker
Type 3 FFL is a licensed collector of Curio & Relic (C&R) firearms
Type 6 FFL is a licensed maker of ammunition and reloading components other than Armor Piercing ammunition
Type 7 FFL is a Title 1 manufacturer of firearms, ammunition and ammunition components other than NFA, Destructive Devices and Armor Piercing ammunition
Type 8 FFL is an importer of Title 1 firearms and ammunition
Type 9 FFL is a dealer in Title 1 firearms including NFA destructive devices, but no other NFA
Type 10 FFL is a manufacturer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition and ammunition components, including NFA Destructive Devices but no other NFA, and not including Armor Piercing ammunition
Type 11 FFL is an importer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition and NFA Destructive Devices, but no other NFA

I saw that and thought it looked funny. I used it because it looked cleaner than the ATF list which leaves out the SOT classes. This is not my expertise if you will so it looks like I was duped by the source. fflanswers.com

Thanks for the clarification.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top