JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just thought i would see if we have any more game nuts like myself here. i have a moderately sized collection of warhammer 40k models and books im trying to part with. rather than make a full add here also, i will post a link to my previously made craigslist add to save time.

<broken link removed>

yea, it was predominantly ultramarines and black templars. i just sold it about 20 minutes ago though. it wasnt hard to sell that collection for $200. i had some models in there that i was particularly proud of and ill be sad to see them go but sometimes you have to cut the fat. 20150211_194135.jpg

Those are some good looking figures. I've done Warhammer on and off for 15+ years. Have about $1000 worth of the latest Dark Angels figures sitting in my office closet in various stages of being built. Haven't touched them in months, got a wild hair one day to get back into it and over the course of a few weeks I purchased a ton of stuff from Rainy Day Games and then never followed through with building and painting them.

$200 was definitely a low price for that many figures. Unfortunately they don't hold their value at all when it comes to a second hand market unless their professionally painted, and even then they don't go for much when you factor in the amount of hours spent painting and building them. I can easily spend 2+ hours painting a single figure.

Do you have a box of bits you'd want to part with? I've always liked digging through the extra bits and customizing squads.

i had a ton of bits but i sent them out with the buyer. i used to play the 500 point league at rainy day games. i quit doing that a little over a year ago though. it got boring when i took 1st place every month. only had one person that would give me a challenge consistently. i got really bummed when the place on beaverton hillsdale hwy closed up. that was the best place to play.

I just moved out here a few years ago and hadn't been to Rainy Day Games until this past summer. Haven't done any league play, really haven't played a whole hell of a lot in general. Have mostly just enjoyed t he building and painting. Have won a couple of competitions for single figures and dioramas but haven't won many games lol. I always pick the models I think look cool rather than whatever is best to play with.

yea, its hard to play against some people. i really was pretty good but i had less fun the bigger the armies were. the solution to your selection problem is to make your troop models look really good so that you can have a nice looking army and still win. i have found that special characters arent really all that great though. i found a good strategy for ultramarines was to used rhinos with a storm bolter to carry your scoring units for lots of bolter fire and vanguards to lock their scoring units up. that chaplain in the picture above would make a simple vanguard squad particularly nasty. even so, a couple 10 man close combat scout squads would do some serious damage using their special rule to deploy mid field.

i had a ton of bits but i sent them out with the buyer. i used to play the 500 point league at rainy day games. i quit doing that a little over a year ago though. it got boring when i took 1st place every month. only had one person that would give me a challenge consistently. i got really bummed when the place on beaverton hillsdale hwy closed up. that was the best place to play.

I used to rock my Chaos Army there all the time man, like 5 years ago? I loved that game store. Chris was pretty cool.

yes he was. i was happy to hear that another stored hired him real quick. i had only found out about that place a few months before it closed. only found a couple people i didnt like to play the game with. i didnt like playing apoc though, just way too much to do in it. the bearded lady was good for laughs though.:D

havnt been there in a long while but last i heard they only do sundays and its a short business day for them too. of course they are okay with people showing up on non-event days to play games on open tables. if you have a friend that plays, they will accommodate without charging. pretty good people running the store and the owners are there quite often. cant think of anything they have ever done that annoyed me.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top