JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't speak much for the laws in WashCo. But they're certainly more lax than Multnomah.

I've been plinking in my backyard for well over a decade with zero issues. I shoot 1000s of "rounds" a year.
leadweight2021b.jpg

It probably helps that I've talked to my neighbors and invited a few to come by and play.

Hey, I wouldn't mind a neighbor who's into airguns come by and play pew pew pew with me if you're interested. PM me to set something up if so.

I had the Fusion2 and my only complaint was you couldn't use the large CO2 canisters AND the mlok legs. No room for both.
umarexfusion2_06aug2021a.jpg

BUT, it IS a really quiet gun.

Last Edited:
Hey, Frank, thanks TONS for sharing your experience. Cool photos. I live in Washington County as well. I just looked at the County website to find pellet gun laws but couldn't find anything. Maybe it's there someplace. Do you know where it's posted - or IF the laws are posted? My address is Portland, but I live in the county. I hope Portland's idiotic laws don't apply. The gun I bought is apparently one of the quietest (Umarex Fusion 2) so maybe, if I'm careful, I can fire away safely.
What you are probably not seeing is they don't have the law set up separate. I only found out here decades back by accident seeing it in a news article. The devil is in the way any local defines firearm. Many define air guns as firearms. So you may not see a separate law saying air gun. If you are not in the city limits you fall under county law. Try looking up the law under country code on firearms.

I was talking about my research on PCP guns to a long-time friend, and told him I was getting ready to order one (leaning toward a Marauder or Kratos), and he offered to sell me one of his I had shot previously:

1686772105744.png

FX Verminator II, .25 caliber. Also converts to an airbow. 935fps with the 29gr pellet (VERY consistent on the chrono).

I am consistently and successfully making head shots on Squirrels and Crows at 90 yards (distance from my patio to Deer feeder), and this rifle makes it easy. Novices can ring the Campbell's Soup can hanging from a string at the same yardage with little coaching.

I am struck by the great resemblance of this activity to my Black Powder shooting: a healthy chunk of soft lead that predictably goes exactly where it is directed (unless influenced by wind).

So much fun!

I was talking about my research on PCP guns to a long-time friend, and told him I was getting ready to order one (leaning toward a Marauder or Kratos), and he offered to sell me one of his I had shot previously:

View attachment 1437622

FX Verminator II, .25 caliber. Also converts to an airbow. 935fps with the 29gr pellet (VERY consistent on the chrono).

I am consistently and successfully making head shots on Squirrels and Crows at 90 yards (distance from my patio to Deer feeder), and this rifle makes it easy. Novices can ring the Campbell's Soup can hanging from a string at the same yardage with little coaching.

I am struck by the great resemblance of this activity to my Black Powder shooting: a healthy chunk of soft lead that predictably goes exactly where it is directed (unless influenced by wind).

So much fun!
They make an archery version, as well. Clever alternative to a crossbow.

They make an archery version, as well. Clever alternative to a crossbow.
That is THIS unit. Supplied with both "barrels" (one for bolts, one for pellets), the supressor, a dedicated 6-18x scope for the rifle and another dedicated crossbow-type scope for the airbow.

It all breaks down and fits (with 6 bolts) in a hard plastic sculpted interior case measuring 15x20".

And the first lesson with the airbow is:

1686785288741.png
When target practicing, NEVER choose the same aiming point as previously shot at. :cool:

That is THIS unit. Supplied with both "barrels" (one for bolts, one for pellets), the supressor, a dedicated 6-18x scope for the rifle and another dedicated crossbow-type scope for the airbow.

It all breaks down and fits (with 6 bolts) in a hard plastic sculpted interior case measuring 15x20".

And the first lesson with the airbow is:

View attachment 1437689
When target practicing, NEVER choose the same aiming point as previously shot at. :cool:
Crazy! Even Robin Hood couldn't beat that one. Pretty cool package, though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top