JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got Maverick 88 with a 20" barrel and a full length magazine (7 round I believe) and I'm looking for a mount to put a light on. I've got a light that fits on a typical rail, but I no got the rail!

Anyone have a clamp on mount that they've used and like?

I've seen some clamp-on systems, but I think you might be interested in this video I came across some time ago

Change out your action for the 500 action, and then you can run an aftermarket 500 light grip...

You need something like this, get the light mounted as far forward as possible. They mount solid with zero movement.
IMG_7667.JPG

Don't need the pig sticker, but I like the fact that it has a sling swivel without having to go clear to the end of the magazine.

I've seen some clamp-on systems, but I think you might be interested in this video I came across some time ago

Change out your action for the 500 action, and then you can run an aftermarket 500 light grip...

Thanks for posting this TN! Something like it would've saved me 20-30 phone calls and as many web searches about 10 years ago.

I encountered the same obstacle with a 500 combo (28 & 18" barrels). Was sad to discover the metal slider arms were molded into some new-fangled plastic forearm piece (just like the Maverick 88 the image above). This required me to swap to original 500 action slider metal innards (like the bottom piece shown above) in order to install an aftermarket fore end designed for the traditional 500.

After shooting and liking both the Hogue and Pachmayr fore end/pistol grip kits, I flipped a coin and went with the Hogue. Love it.

The YouTube vid you posted here should help de-mystify this for newer 500 owners who want to install different fore ends. (At least those with 28/18" combos - I don't know what comes inside the new "standard" 500s.)

Last Edited:
IMG_1724.JPG

I have a TriRail with a TLR-1 on it. I also have TacStar sidesaddle and bought a Hogue overmolded 12" LOP. Also put a fiber optic sight above the bead sight. This picture is old since I tried a TLR-2 light/laser and put a TLR-1 instead.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top