JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The PPS was mentioned several times recently in this thread: "Ideas for new carry pistol". I've been on the edge of purchasing one for wife in 9mm and self in .40 . A few well known online guys like it: Hickock 45 for one.

Let me know what you think when you get it. If ever in the Sandy Oregon area I'll trade you some rounds with my PPQ or Sig at the DRRC.

Enjoy

Almost joined Douglas Ridge, but then we moved to Battle Ground. I shoot at Wolverton Mountain Gun Club up in Ariel, WA. Not as big or extensive a facility as Douglas Ridge, but a really great bunch of people and a gorgeous setting on the backside of Mount St. Helens. I had a PPQ M2 and sold it (duh) and have kicked myself ever since. If the PPS works out, I'll probably get another one but go back to the original model with the trigger guard mag release just like the PPS has. It should ship tomorrow and hopefully I'll have it by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. I'll post the results as soon as I can get out to the range with it.

I've had one in 9mm for roughly a year. The trigger smooths out considerable after ~500 rounds. Conceals like a dream with the 6 round mag and is unbelievably stupid accurate.

I had one in .40. Had a lot of feeding issues. You'll note that the feed ramp is in two parts. The flat nose of the .40 did not like that. In 9mm, that should not be a problem. I wish I had bought a 9mm. Great pistol. Really accurate. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of holsters for them out there.

I had one in .40. Had a lot of feeding issues. You'll note that the feed ramp is in two parts. The flat nose of the .40 did not like that.

I have an early production Walther PPS in 40 S&W, and have had zero problems feeding ammo using Federal's HST law enforcement bullets. Even in weights as low as 135 gr.

In 9mm, that should not be a problem. I wish I had bought a 9mm. Great pistol. Really accurate. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of holsters for them out there.

As far as holster availability goes, that may have been true back in 2007 when the pistol first came on the market, and the early years that followed that. But I can assure you that holster availability now is now longer any issue.

Last Edited:
Just ordered myself a Walther PPS 9mm after debating its merits against a lot of others for a while. Anyone have any experience with it? A little late, since it's on the way but I'd still like to hear impressions pro and con.

There were some early issues with rough triggers, feeding some bullets, and issues with the slide stops. But the pistol is now in its 8th year on the market here in the USA, and these issues were all long ago addressed by Walther.

The pistol has great ergonomics, is accurate and easy to shoot, and dissassembles in a couple of seconds, since it takes apart just like a Glock does. Workmanship and quality of materials is superior to most of its competitors in this size category.

Here is a photo of my .40 S&W Walther PPS on the right, compared to my full size S&W M&P .40 S&W on the left. You can see how much dramatically thinner and smaller the Walther is compared to a full size pistol. It certainly is dramatically easier to carry concealed.

Note: The Walther would look even thinner, except that I have one of the popular Limbsaver grip sleeves installed on it.

DSC_2942b.jpg

Have already switched to my winter carry, a 9mm PPQ-M1 but my 9mm PPS is my summer carry, AIWB in a Dale Fricke AA. After using my PPS in a BUG gun match last summer I started using it in the regular matches, just had to get a couple more 8 round magazines. Several thousand rounds through the pistol and no problems yet.

Totally agree. See my separate post on my first range outing with it. Most accurate short barreled gun I've ever shot and perfect out of the box. Tons of holsters. I'm carrying mine now in a clipless Sticky Holster (like a Remora but thinner and softer material) and it disappears. I have a Ace-1 Gen2 composite holster from SHTF already on the way. If you haven't tried their holsters I'd suggest you do. I have them for my Micro Desert Eagle and my CZ P-01. Excellent materials, adjustable retention, very comfortable, and great craftsmanship for around $69. Ten percent discount for active and retired military using discount code MIL-10. Holsters for almost all model guns, most ship in 3-5 days. Very impressed with their quality, construction, and comfort. And no, I don't work for them or sell them.

I have both calibers in stock at work and have heavily contemplated one. But I'm going to hold out and check out the CCP first.. Love my PPQ (M2)

I had a PPQ M2 and sold it to get something else I didn't really end up liking. Not the first time I've been stupid. But the 9mm PPS is a tack driver and hides liike a dream. My number one carry pistol now. I alternate carrying it in an MD-4 size Sticky Holster or a SHTF Ace-1 Gen2 hybrid holster. The SHTF holsters are really a good product. Every holster custom molded, adjustable retention, adjustable cant, tuck able, top level Kydex, extra retention spacers provided free, excellent materials and finishing all around, they have a huge selection of pistols and revolver modeks. And provide extra hardware and a free wrench. All for about $60 and offers a 10% discount for military (active/retired. The design keeps getting better, now with a slight built in curve that makes it extremely comfortable and makes reholstering much easier. And they ship in 3-5 business days even though each holster is custom molded. And I do not work or even formally review for them. Just tried it and liked it .

90FFF13A-B68B-4739-A3E8-1CC9E11D74CF_zpsmdybbgmz.jpg

Last Edited:
Totally agree. See my separate post on my first range outing with it. Most accurate short barreled gun I've ever shot and perfect out of the box. Tons of holsters. I'm carrying mine now in a clipless Sticky Holster (like a Remora but thinner and softer material) and it disappears. I have a Ace-1 Gen2 composite holster from SHTF already on the way. If you haven't tried their holsters I'd suggest you do. I have them for my Micro Desert Eagle and my CZ P-01. Excellent materials, adjustable retention, very comfortable, and great craftsmanship for around $69. Ten percent discount for active and retired military using discount code MIL-10. Holsters for almost all model guns, most ship in 3-5 days. Very impressed with their quality, construction, and comfort. And no, I don't work for them or sell them.

Got a picture of the holsters mentioned in this thread?

Don't be ashamed. The world has a role for everybody. I went in as a stupid 18 year old kid and somehow lasted 21 years. I was in military intelligence. It was incredibly interesting and served a great purpose, but the closest I came to combat was watching Patriot missiles intercepting Scuds in Desert Storm. I feel a little bit like you sometimes when comparing myself to combat vets. But, like I said, everyone has a role. The military is definitely not for everybody.

Well I originally intended on going to the Naval Academy, but I was quite good as a wrestler and had some scholarships. I did not know at the time that the Naval Academy had a wrestling team. Had I known that I would have gone for sure. I work as a Firefighter/Paramedic now.