JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i haven't seen any discussion on this, so here's mine. I replaced my beloved PPS M2 9mm with Walther's newest offering. It's the PPS M2 RMSc 9mm. It comes from the factory with a Shield (Brand name) RMSc red dot optic on the slide. No, it doesn't allow any others due to the PPS's narrow slide. But it's still cool.

The optic's battery is constantly on, but comes with a rated battery life of 2-3 years with it constantly on. The only holster I found for it so far is made by Clinger Holsters. It's their holster that allows you to carry it as a composite holster inside and outside waistband (hardware included) or just using the Kydex shell as a conventional Kydex IWB. The dot is 4 MOA if I recall right, which is fine for my old eyes.

It shoots great, just like my old PPS but with the added efficiency of the optic milled into the slide. One other thing that's cool is that there is a narrow channel milled into the center rear of the optic itself that enables you to see the front sight and cowitness normal sight alignment even if the optic fails. That's with normal height sights, too.

Walther has a program where they will replace the optic indefinitely for a $50 fee as many times as necessary for the life of the pistol. That includes occasions if the lens, which is apparently hard plastic instead of glass, gets overly scratched. Still, I think it's an amazing upgrade of an already great pistol. It would be nice if it took other optics, but so far this one seems a great match for the gun. The optic actually reads the amount of ambient light and adjusts the dot's brightness to show up best in any given lighting situation. I've tried it in different lighting conditions and it works just as advertised.

In case anyone is wondering, buying new guns is how I've dealt with the depression and physical pain I've had after ridiculously shooting myself through my ankle in October. I would heartily recommend it (buying new guns, not shooting yourself) as an effective healing strategy. My lovely wife has been quite forgiving of all the money I've spent. But I'm pretty sure that's a one time thing until I'm completely healed up. Which she's indicated should be soon. :)

C26994A7-E48C-4574-A3FA-F8ACB576E5CD.jpeg 70C0468D-DA2C-4D15-B78A-A9DA6297757D.jpeg 59FCAC43-1F77-4C18-BA72-B1C62B587F8D.jpeg 2414C459-BDD5-45E2-804B-E24FED9B5C3F.jpeg