JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone tried one of these yet? I picked one up for what seems like a steal at Cabela's, sale price $398.99 plus $100 factory rebate, $20 off coupon and $50 in Cabela's club points I had saved up... Roughly $230 out of my pocket once the rebate goes through, less than half MSRP. Included 3 mags (1x 6-round, 1x 7-round, 1x 8-round) and glow-in-the dark (but not tritium) dot sights, though they are fairly easy to replace. The magazine assortment is pretty interesting, though it seems that they only sell 8-round mags aftermarket. I decided to throw in one of the Mag Guts upgrade kits to bring the 6-rounder up to 7 rounds at the same slim profile.

I was looking for a better solution over the PK380; this one has the advantage in a number of areas. Aside from 9mm vs .380, the fit and finish is leagues better and it seems pretty accurate--I read a review on the earlier (non-M2) version in Guns & Ammo a while back, it ranked the best out of a number of single-stack 9mm compacts and it seems like that was carried forward into the M2. Oddly enough, it seems like I was slightly more accurate shooting with the flush 6-round mag and my pinky pushing up on the bottom, versus the 7 or 8-round mags with all of my fingers on the grip. One of these days, I'll have to do a more scientific test with a rest and see what kind of groups I can get.

Other than being a bit more ergonomic/organic in shape, the controls and take-down will be familiar to any Glock owner. It measures 1" wide, is 6.3" long with a 3.18" barrel, and 4.4" tall with the flush mag--5.3" with the 8-rounder.

I also picked up an inexpensive Kydex IWB holster for it; since I'm typically a t-shirt & jeans sort, the canted holster and slim-profile mag significantly decreases the imprint potential significantly over other EDC guns I've tried out.

The .40 version shouldn't be too far off... If they can keep the same measurements and mag capacity like with the earlier version, cool--though with that small of a frame it probably wouldn't be too fun to hold onto.

A Left Side.jpg InkedB Right Side_LI.jpg

I owned a PPS m1 years ago. Great little gun, but the S&W Shield was better still.

I think I paid over $500 back when I bought the PPS M1. The prices got a whole lot better when the M2 was released. :mad:

Anyway, good luck with it. They're definitely a quality pistol. I mean, you barely payed more then a going rate for a Taurus Slim! :D

Sweet trigger, good ergonomics. Its a winner. Its on my short list of acquesitions. If Smith & Wesson had not just released the compact m&p it was at the top of the list. My only gripe is the pinky extender as part of the grip. Thats a feature I don't love but at least understand on guns this size.

Out of the three single stack options Walther has right now the M2 is the best of the bunch.

I had the M1 version, sold it, and regretted it. So I got the M2 when it came out. Biggest improvement is the grip. Vastly improved over the original. Still an incredibly accurate pistol that shoots like a full sized gun. And I got it with the $100 rebate, so it couldn't be any better as far as I'm concerned.

Biggest improvement is the grip. Vastly improved over the original.

I like Walther's grips/ergonomics; most of them just feel like they should be in your hand. I will admit it takes a little while to get used to this one, though; I think it's because of how slim the grip is compared to its length, it puts a little more pressure into the webbing of my thumb than I'm used to because there is less surface area to make contact. It feels a little better with the extended magazine, as my pinky can push the whole thing back into my palm a bit more.

I have the M1 and a Shield 9mm. In almost every conceivable way, the Walther beats the S&W, with the one exception of aftermarket support. Which is why I still have the Shield. I gotta say, I'm really jealous of the deal you got.

I have a shield but shot a co-workers ppsM1 at the range and hated it. I wanted to like it to as my wife wants a shield so she's going to adopt mine and I'm going to pick something else up. The way the back end is at the rear of the slide on such a small pistol, for my hand size when it recoiled it would crack me on my back thumb knuckle. Only shot 2 mags and every shot hurt no matter how much I tried to avoid it. Obviously it's different for everyone but that was first and last experience with it.

The grip on the M2 has been completely redesigned to fit the hand much better. It's possible that the redesign might remedy that. Or not. That's why an argument over what is the "best" pistol in any size is such a wasted effort. In the end it always comes down to what an individual shooter feels most comfortable with, based on their own physical characteristics and preferences.

I have the M2 Crimson Trace edition and LOVE it. It fits my hand (female) quite nicely and has very smooth trigger. Need to get me a couple 8 rd magazines.

I've been thinking about one of these for a summer carry. That seems like a pretty good deal.
Just got a Cabelas email today and they are on sale for $349
Walther PPS M2 Centerfire Pistol : Cabela's
I was an early adopter and paid $437
Be sure to get the "LE" Edition which comes with night sights, 6rd, 7rd and 8rd mags
And hey, with a coupon code and your Cabelas Bucks you can walk out with it for song.

When I was shopping mine, I looked at all of the single-stack 9's and this one smoked them all.
In my opinion and in the opinion of most all of the reviewers.
Walther took the Glock design and wrapped their ergonomics around it.

Love mine. I shoot it all the time. Only 2 issues that happen to me on the LE model was that the slide didn't stay open on the last round for the smallest magazine (6rd) and the front phosphorus site insert fell off on the first shot. I was going to replace them anyway but it sucks to have that happen on the first round. You got a steal on the price. I paid a little more but still worth it.