JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, thinking about purchasing a Walther P 22 used for my first handgun. Does anybody have some guidance on a used P 22 from Walther with the laser sights? I've seen them new for $435. Person selling wants $400 and I'm thinking of offering $300?

Any suggestions appreciated.

John

Offer him what you thinks is fair....he can always say no.
BTW- inspect the slide on any p22 you consider buying...they have a wicked way of failing dramatically. S&W will usually replace the slide for free but it's a PIA. You might want to sink your money into a Buckmark, Ruger or CZ .22 pistol instead

I would pay up to $350 for a perfect,used P22 with a laser,if I didn't already have one without.

My friend and his friend have shot their p22s for a couple years with no problems at all.
I've talked to others that have never heard of problems with the guns.

Well, I guess my experience is a little different...
i-bm7g5Ws-XL.jpg

Wow! I have 3 walthers, 1 factory, 1 target, 1 I run with a SWR spector suppressor and haven't ever had a problem with any of them.

Yeah, I've owned PPKs, PPKSs and a PPS-all without issues....the P22 quality is nothing that should bear the Walther name. After this incident, S&W replaced the entire slide. I then purchased a Buckmark and will be selling the P22 shortly.

Hi all, thinking about purchasing a Walther P 22 used for my first handgun. Does anybody have some guidance on a used P 22 from Walther with the laser sights? I've seen them new for $435. Person selling wants $400 and I'm thinking of offering $300?

Any suggestions appreciated.

John

for the $ you're willing to spend it wouldn't hurt to look at the new Ruger SR22

Thanks all for your great information and feedback. FYI - We settled on $330, which includes a nice holster and some ammo. I'm really excited to pick it up today and become a handgun owner!

I'll read the inspection article on the slide.

Thanks

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top