JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, thinking about purchasing a Walther P 22 used for my first handgun. Does anybody have some guidance on a used P 22 from Walther with the laser sights? I've seen them new for $435. Person selling wants $400 and I'm thinking of offering $300?

Any suggestions appreciated.

John

Offer him what you thinks is fair....he can always say no.
BTW- inspect the slide on any p22 you consider buying...they have a wicked way of failing dramatically. S&W will usually replace the slide for free but it's a PIA. You might want to sink your money into a Buckmark, Ruger or CZ .22 pistol instead

I would pay up to $350 for a perfect,used P22 with a laser,if I didn't already have one without.

My friend and his friend have shot their p22s for a couple years with no problems at all.
I've talked to others that have never heard of problems with the guns.

Well, I guess my experience is a little different...
i-bm7g5Ws-XL.jpg

Wow! I have 3 walthers, 1 factory, 1 target, 1 I run with a SWR spector suppressor and haven't ever had a problem with any of them.

Yeah, I've owned PPKs, PPKSs and a PPS-all without issues....the P22 quality is nothing that should bear the Walther name. After this incident, S&W replaced the entire slide. I then purchased a Buckmark and will be selling the P22 shortly.

Hi all, thinking about purchasing a Walther P 22 used for my first handgun. Does anybody have some guidance on a used P 22 from Walther with the laser sights? I've seen them new for $435. Person selling wants $400 and I'm thinking of offering $300?

Any suggestions appreciated.

John

for the $ you're willing to spend it wouldn't hurt to look at the new Ruger SR22

Thanks all for your great information and feedback. FYI - We settled on $330, which includes a nice holster and some ammo. I'm really excited to pick it up today and become a handgun owner!

I'll read the inspection article on the slide.

Thanks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads