JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have even a misdemeanor on your record and you have a cpl there's probably a wait. My buddy had a minor shoplifting misdemeanor on his record and he waits on everything, even rifles. he has his cpl.

Have you tried contacting them and asking them why? I believe there is some sort of appeals process to clear flags if I am not mistaken.

Honestly, I think getting a WA CPL is worth the $60 every 5 years just to skip the useless waiting period. Even if you do not intend to carry.

how long is the waiting period to buying a handgun, in WA state? If you have a license to carry, is there still a waiting period to pick up the gun? or can you buy and walk out with it the same day?

CPL is instant. (mostly)

Depends on where in WA you are. 5 days is the official waiting period, but in Clark County it is usually later the same day or the next day if you don't have a CPL.

I checked this out on internet, prior to my purchase, out of curiosity. I have a CPL.
I determined that there is no state waiting period for CPL holders, but the store may have their own waiting period.
I bought my Glock 23 from Seattle Police Athletic Association, on the Glock military discount, walked out same day with it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top