JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the first gun show I've gone to since "The Covid." I let my WAC membership lapse in early 2020. It's about a 30 mile drive for me to attend this "show." The Monroe shows have never been as big as the "main" shows in Puyallup but I thought I'd go anyway to see what was happening. I wasted my time. It was much shrunken from earlier years. While there, I didn't handle a single firearm or accessory. Prior to attending, I'd thought maybe I'd renew my membership in WAC. That won't be happening.

If there was any one thing that stands out about this gun show, it was the following. I was standing behind a buyer at a table. He was holding a Steyr M1912 pistol and asked the price. The seller said, "$1,100 credit card or $700 -something, (I couldn't quite hear the "something") cash. I could see that the pistol was a semi-nasty reblue,. I'm thinking the pistol wasn't much good as a collector's item, not being original, and certainly not much of a practical shooting gun or carry piece in today's world. In either original 9mm Steyr (expensive) or converted to 9mm Para, they take a special stripper clip to load the internal magazine. These were an early attempt at a semi automatic pistol. I'm glad that the 1911 Colt Browning design has been more enduring. The last Steyr M1912 I sold years ago went for $50.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top