JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/local/crime/article255877181.html

Appears -
A man and woman arrived at her apt to find the door locked.
After trying for some minutes, they decided the roommate was not home.
The man entered, then opened the door.
The roommate shot him.

"Prosecutors have until Friday morning to charge [the shooter] or release him from custody."

Clearly a tragedy. Also, a reminder that if someone has left -- the victim was outside - then do not shoot them. Can the shooter articulate how and why their life was in imminent danger? Even if the DA won't prosecute, their lives are forever altered.

man and woman return home, to woman's apartment, room mate not home? she has non resident go in window and unlock front door and open it, room mate who was home shoots non resident... as far as he knew non resident was opening door and when saying com on in to woman could have just been saying come on in to other BG;s as far as room mate knew...

"Osby reportedly came out of the apartment behind Smith and stood on the concrete pad near the front door as he fired one shot."
Assuming the reporting is close to what happened it does not sound good for the shooter. If the guy was outside, and shot in back? Have to assume no warning, like get away from my door, just shoot him in the back, while he is outside?

"Osby reportedly came out of the apartment behind Smith and stood on the concrete pad near the front door as he fired one shot."
Assuming the reporting is close to what happened it does not sound good for the shooter. If the guy was outside, and shot in back? Have to assume no warning, like get away from my door, just shoot him in the back, while he is outside?
Paranoid 'new' gun owners with little to no understanding, education, 'training' or even any sense of reality as to what they are dealing with.

I read every word of that news report. Twice.

Once someone has walked out of the apartment, are they still an "intruder"?
Once someone is walking away, do they still - reasonably - pose a threat to you?
If you leave the safety of your apartment to pursue that person (and shoot them in the back), should you be surprised if you're considered to be a murderer (and an idiot)?

No, No, and No.

Last Edited:
I'd bet that the D.A will charge him with something. Anything involving firearms is now seen as political, thus a "must prosecute".

Though in my opinion... since the victim had opened the door, went back outside and was then shot in the back, yes, this is murder. The shooter could have closed the door again or told him to freeze. He wasn't in immediate danger.

I'm guessing he plays a lot of video games and has no idea when using a firearm is merited.

Last Edited:
Whole think sounds fishy to me.

1st thought was the Shooter (Osby) had a thing for this girl or they'd been dating ( for reals or in Osby head) and Smith (the victim) had started dating this chicken.

Where was Osby's car? Sound like he was trying to give the impression he wasn't home.

They knocked for 10 minutes? Again he was trying to invite a break in so he could cap smith ( but why not shoot him while he's in the house?)

And why did he shoot him while he was on the sidewalk? Well away from the house.

Reminds me of the Oscar Pistorius case, when he shot his girlfriend to death because she was in the bathroom.

I googled Smiths name to see if any other stories came up about him to see if he was a gangbanger or whatever, and.....

Found this

According to this story Smith and Osby were roommates, this story doesn't even mention the girl

Honestly just kind of browsed through all 3 of their social media profiles and they all seem like decent people from the outside anyways.

Saw pictures of her and yeah I could see someone shooting somebody over her (not sarcasm, she's a looker)

It is kind of odd though that if he was trying to snuff Smith not sure why he only shot him once? 9mm I believe in completely as a self defense caliber but if I'm making sure the threat is STOPPED, I'm at least double tapping.

It also says that

Osby was giving a different version on the events then the "witnesses on the scene"

Whole think sounds fishy to me.

1st thought was the Shooter (Osby) had a thing for this girl or they'd been dating ( for reals or in Osby head) and Smith (the victim) had started dating this chicken.

Where was Osby's car? Sound like he was trying to give the impression he wasn't home.

They knocked for 10 minutes? Again he was trying to invite a break in so he could cap smith ( but why not shoot him while he's in the house?)

And why did he shoot him while he was on the sidewalk? Well away from the house.

Reminds me of the Oscar Pistorius case, when he shot his girlfriend to death because she was in the bathroom.

I googled Smiths name to see if any other stories came up about him to see if he was a gangbanger or whatever, and.....

Found this

According to this story Smith and Osby were roommates, this story doesn't even mention the girl

Honestly just kind of browsed through all 3 of their social media profiles and they all seem like decent people from the outside anyways.

Saw pictures of her and yeah I could see someone shooting somebody over her (not sarcasm, she's a looker)

It is kind of odd though that if he was trying to snuff Smith not sure why he only shot him once? 9mm I believe in completely as a self defense caliber but if I'm making sure the threat is STOPPED, I'm at least double tapping.

It also says that

Osby was giving a different version on the events then the "witnesses on the scene"
Thought I read an account that all three of them lived in that same apartment...

If the guy was outside, and shot in back? Have to assume no warning, like get away from my door, just shoot him in the back,
According to the 2nd posted article:
When KPD officers arrived, they made contact with Beckett, who sustained gunshot wounds to the chest.

I thought this part was a bit odd, in that it possibly suggests a witness was not telling the entire truth:
Osby's account is a bit different from the accounts of witnesses. Officer Trujillo confirms that charges against the suspect could be reversed as a result of their investigation.

Didn't these people have cell phones? Couldn't the roommate have been called to verify he was out of the apartment before entering through a window. I think there is much more to this story than is being told.

Didn't these people have cell phones? Couldn't the roommate have been called to verify he was out of the apartment before entering through a window. I think there is much more to this story than is being told.
Things make you go hmmm (captioned).jpg

Didn't these people have cell phones? Couldn't the roommate have been called to verify he was out of the apartment
Good point and maybe he wasn't supposed to be IN the Apt so they had no need to call him - which might have something to do with the difference in the story between Osby and the witnesses - such maybe HE said he was living there - but the witnesses said otherwise.

I'm thinking this 'chicken' was getting her 'date nights' confused and 'scheduled' Osby and Smith on the same night.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top