JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bill was introduced today. The thread title says all you need to know, but here is the bill description:
2013 House Bill 1012: Repealing

Write your representatives and tell them to oppose H.B. 1012. Use this easy tool. Be sure to select "State" officials. This is not a Federal bill.
ELECTED OFFICIALS

brought to you by another politician with a (D) after their name.
I'm begining to think that the (D) stands for delusional.

brought to you by another politician with a (D) after their name.
I'm begining to think that the (D) stands for delusional.

Its really stupefying. I have no clue why she could possibly think this is a good idea other than she is using California gun grabbing tactics of eroding our rights one small piece at a time. On cal guns some folks called it death by a thousand cuts.

Please folks, post on wa votes, call your rep, make noise. Now is the time to do this. Whenever this stupidity pops up, fight it, right here right now. We can't give these people one single win in Washington. I love it here and it will NOT become another California.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Messages sent. It is disgusting that we have to deal with elected officials who are obviously insane. Even worse that there are citizens out there that vote for these lunatics. The inmates are getting closer and closer to running the asylum every day.

You're right actually. Here is the reply from one of my representatives.

TY for posting that email. Awesome news. I still can't believe this was proposed to begin with.

EDIT :

Just noticed this. On WA votes when you click the Text and Analysis for 2013 House Bill 1012: Repealing "stand-your-ground" provisions for justifiable homicide, it takes you to :

HB 1012 - 2013-14

Increasing the penal sum of a surety bond required to be maintained by an appraisal management company.

Website raised my BP for nothing.

Okay I got a dissapointing respons from Mr Sam Hunt:

"Eldon", thanks for the email. The Second Amendment's right to maintain a "well ordered militia" is a necessary part of our personal and national security and I do not favor confiscation of all firearms. However, I do support prohibiting sale of some of the high powered rifles and rapid-fire magazines and stricter scrutiny of firearms purchases at gun shows. I do not believe the current debate about gun violence is about self-protection. Rather, it is about protecting our citizens from needless violence and attacks with firearms.

Additionally, House Bill 1012 is a bill dealing with surety bonds for appraisal management companies. If there is a bill that a member will be proposing related to self-protection, it hasn't been introduced yet. I will keep an eye out for such a proposal or you are welcome to email me again if you get further information.

Sincerely,

Rep. Sam Hunt

I'm going to get all my duck in a line before I send a reply on why banning any type of firearm or gun clip is just another attack on our freedom (or what little freedom we may have left). The loss of freedom is not worth an empty promise of "safety"!!!

Rep. Sam Hunt displays some of the misnomer about guns that we face from our opponents in this war over our rights. He talks about outlawing "high power" rifles. High power rifles are used for larger game and are usually only single shot (at least the ones available for civilians. And what the help is a rapid fire magazine? All magazines are capable of the same rate of fire in a semi-automatic rifle or pistol. In fact some folks can shoot a revolver faster than I can shoot a semi-automatic. It is my sincere desire that these politicians would bother to educate them selves before they try to trample the rights of the law abiding.

I followed like and wrote my Representives and I recieved this one Id like to share.

I understand, and fully agree with you. You can count on my opposition to any attempts to weaken self-defense laws or your 2nd Amendment rights. I always say, the best gun control is to place a firearm firmly into the hand of a law abiding citizen. If that's not enough, then said citizen should use both hands.

Ed

Representative Ed Orcutt

20th Legislative District

Olympia Office:

408 John L. O'Brien Building

PO Box 40600

Olympia, WA 98504

* [email protected]
( 360.786.7990

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA