JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A cougar attacked and killed a dog walking with its owner on a trail near Ronald[,WA] Monday evening.

Cougar kills dog walking with owner on Kittitas County trail

upload_2017-8-4_14-44-45.png

We had them pretty much in check until the bunnyhuggers misinformed the uninformed voters of Washington state.:mad::mad::mad:

Quote" In 1996 Washington state voters passed Initiative 655, banning the use of hounds to hunt cougars. Since then, local governments and citizens expressed growing concerns with personal safety; livestock losses; attacks on pets; and the impacts of cougars on other wildlife populations. In 1995, the year before the hound-hunting ban, cougar-related complaints were about 200; the first year the ban was in place the complaints more than doubled and in 2000, the number rose to over 900. "Quote

I guess Washington college sports have become way more dangerous than I remember.

Oh… wait.

We had them pretty much in check until the bunnyhuggers misinformed the uninformed voters of Washington state.:mad::mad::mad:

Quote" In 1996 Washington state voters passed Initiative 655, banning the use of hounds to hunt cougars. Since then, local governments and citizens expressed growing concerns with personal safety; livestock losses; attacks on pets; and the impacts of cougars on other wildlife populations. In 1995, the year before the hound-hunting ban, cougar-related complaints were about 200; the first year the ban was in place the complaints more than doubled and in 2000, the number rose to over 900. "Quote

Yeabut at least it served to make the government bigger what with all the claims, reviews and "approval" hoopty doos when livestock etc. is decimated. And now a government hunter will be dispatched (with dogs).. all on the taxpayers dime.
it really is for the best
lol

Yeah, but the Cougars couldn't beat the dogs to save their lives.

Which is why I don't donate money when they call. I told them to call when they win 5 apple cups in a row. Which will be never.

As a CWU Wildcat, I don't have a "dog" in that fight.

Call me insensitive but more dogs need to be killed, more kids need to be attacked.

The policy won't change until that happens.

Last Edited:
Not on my watch. :s0123:
Me too.. even though the state would make an example of you by euthanizing your dog, $100,000 fine and ten years in prison.. because you were obviously hunting puddy tat with your Chihuahua, you terrible person you. Hey, the evidence is all there..

I'm not surprised. I frequently encounter women power walking in the woods, by themselves, with headphones, during hunting season.
I wish I were making that up.
I once had a conversation with one of these women. She wanted to know why I had a rifle and orange vest.
She said there was nothing to hunt out there.
I told her she had deer, elk, black bear, cougar, rabbit and grouse all on the trail she was currently standing on.
She shook her head and said those things aren't out here.
I said, "ma'am I've got a deer head at home that says otherwise. I saw the cougar last week and that's bear bubblegum." I pointed to some only a few feet away.
Well she turned and power walked straight home.

We have a 10 lb Chihuahua(not my idea)and a 10 lb house cat. The dog is scared of the cat and the cat rules the roost. Just got a new kitten in addition to the existing cat and the dog is about ready to have a nervous breakdown. Cats are an alpha predator and pound for pound are more than a match for any animal their size and in many cases for animals larger than them.

I got mauled by a couger many times about six years ago. Did I mention she worked as a psych nurse over at Portland Adventist?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top