Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Vortex Viper Scope???

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by goofman12, May 9, 2010.

1. goofman12

goofman12 Gresham, Oregon New Member

I have been researching these scopes and they seem very good for the price. I am speaking of a 3X9X40 Viper. Does anyone know much about these scopes and or how they compare to a Leupold VX-3, or Nikon Monarch. I assume the Monarch and Leupold ar better, but how much? If they arn't too much better i might go with the Viper considering how much cheaper they are!

2. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

I had a Vortex crossfire and it was a very nice scope quite clear for the money and very well built. The only reason I got rid of it was I sold the rifle it was on.

3. werner

werner St Helens, Oregon Member

go to snipershide and snipercentral. both have AMPLE amounts of info and reviews of this scope and many others. I think youll be surprised at the quality opposed to a leupy and youll save a ton of money

4. artifactr

artifactr Seattle, WA Member

I have two Vortex scopes, been extremely happy with them. They are definitely one of the best for the money. Sightron are nice for the money too, but I think you get a little more for the money with the Vortex scopes.

5. svg4

svg4 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have the Leupold and the Vortex and I would buy the Leupold every time. That said, for the money I couldn't beat Vortex. I just bought a second one for my 17 HMR and am happy with it. The Vortex guy at the Portland Gun show is the best. You will never find a more pleasant and honest guy around. His wife is equally friendly. Hawkeye Optics.