JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently had cataract surgery for both eyes and I'm thrilled with the results in general. I opted for no glasses for far vision or driving, and reading glasses for close work. The only issue I have is that it's difficult to decide whether to use reading glasses so I can see my sights on my pistols, but not see the target very well, or just use non-prescription shooting glasses so I can see the target well, but have some difficulty seeing the sights well.

I'm thinking very seriously that with my vision challenges a red dot type sight on my Remington R1S Enhanced might be the best solution. I have had nothing but good experiences with Vortex optics, so I'm thinking a Vortex Venom 3MOA. The Remington R1S Enhanced uses a Novak type rear dovetail. The best adapter I've found so far is this one:

Anybody got a better solution or other thoughts?

I am using EGW's mount on my CZ SP-01 and so far it is holding up well. I have about 500 rounds through the pistol with the EGW mount.
Good to know. With the sight riding back and forth on the slide with each cycle durability is a concern.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top