JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently had cataract surgery for both eyes and I'm thrilled with the results in general. I opted for no glasses for far vision or driving, and reading glasses for close work. The only issue I have is that it's difficult to decide whether to use reading glasses so I can see my sights on my pistols, but not see the target very well, or just use non-prescription shooting glasses so I can see the target well, but have some difficulty seeing the sights well.

I'm thinking very seriously that with my vision challenges a red dot type sight on my Remington R1S Enhanced might be the best solution. I have had nothing but good experiences with Vortex optics, so I'm thinking a Vortex Venom 3MOA. The Remington R1S Enhanced uses a Novak type rear dovetail. The best adapter I've found so far is this one:

Anybody got a better solution or other thoughts?

I am using EGW's mount on my CZ SP-01 and so far it is holding up well. I have about 500 rounds through the pistol with the EGW mount.
Good to know. With the sight riding back and forth on the slide with each cycle durability is a concern.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top