JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

QUOTE:

"Assembly and disassembly of the assault rifle AK-74 in Russian school. The "Patriot" competition among the students of 9-10 grade. Meanwhile in Russia."

I have seen links like this in the past and I think that the Russians do a better job teaching their children/teens in their public schools about GUNS, gun safety and shooting skills than we do in this day and age. Public school teaching not ONLY one on one by a parent only teaching their child. Although I do BELIEVE that parents or relatives or good friends should TEACH children these things too.

Kids and teens used to do this in public schools ALL OVER the USA and even in NYC public schools.

Several years ago, during the fake/real RF and other MAJOR shortages of all gun related items, I wanted to GIVE AWAY some 22lr ammo to a worthy cause like the Boy Scouts. A man and his son came to my door wanting to SELL some popcorn or some other thing for the Scouts. I usually do NOT answer the door but I decided to open the window to see what they wanted which was next to the door.

I declined on buying anything from them but I did ASK THEM if their Scouting Troop had shooting classes for children/teens since they were in this general area of my college town. They told me that they did NOT have those classes which shocked me since I thought that was PART of their program due to my memory of my older brother and ALL of his years in the Scouts. (In NY - WW2 era and in MD from 1951 and on.)

I told them that it would be a good thing for them to get into so that young men could get into the shooting sports and learn about gun safety IF they had NO adult in their HOME to teach them these skills. I told them that IF they decided to do this, I would DONATE about 5,000 rounds of good 22lr to their TROOP and to the boys NOT in their troop IF they wanted to LEARN these things. I gave them my name and telephone number and never heard from them again. I was NOT even going to deduct this from our taxes since we do not do that when we make a gift to a charity, group or Church.

I ended up gifting some ammo to other people and selling some at MY cost to some people who needed it as I have mentioned before. This was about the time when my MT husband and I were in the middle of a major downsize in various firearms and consolidation of many calibers. Everything from a to z and before his retirement.

I have 2 like new SAVAGE RASCAL rifles now that my husband or I would GIFT via a FFL to a good GROUP and I may call around or call some Church that did not get all ANTI GUN since so many of them WENT THAT WAY.

I may gift them via my FFL in MT to a FFL where I used to buy all of my guns (Back in farm/lake country.) to a very CLOSE friend back east for his KIDS too.

Cate

Yea, pretty lame. Yet a lot of rap music glorifies pimp beating women.

Some of that horrible GANG RAP music glorifies all kinds of nasty stuff including shooting peace officers.

They really demean women as you stated. And the stupid women LET themselves be demeaned by those punks no matter how old they are!

They promote violence and all kinds of NASTY things and lifestyles that CHILDREN and vulnerable teenagers do not need to imitate or idolize.

Why parents let their teens or even little children watch and listen to those nasty rappers is BEYOND my comprehension!

The INDUSTRY pushes and promotes JUNK and lifestyles in so many shows including OTA aka over the air FREE via an antenna shows that I don't like.

There is a HUGE agenda in promoting specific lifestyles especially in the 'trans' movement to specific 'parents' and to their young children and teens. Those decisions, choices and lifestyles belong to the child when he or she becomes an ADULT not to the parents of a child or teen PUSHING THIS agenda onto their children and NOT to a child or a teen who is still immature emotionally and physically to make an informed decision willy nilly!

I don't like a lot of the garbage on the BOOB tube so I have an easy solution... I turn it OFF or I switch the station.

I don't have the boob tube on for hours on end and sometimes for a few days depending on my favorite PBS show, old western or old mystery/detective show. My husband does the same exact thing for the boob tube and for the RADIO too. We still have a select few shows and movies here on discs but most of them are LONG gone and donated to the library.

They don't call it programming for nothing!

I do believe that parents and mentors should LIMIT, CENSOR as a parent to their own child, KNOW and pay attention to what their children watch and listen to from ALL sources.

There is a time and a place for all things especially in a vulnerable child's life.

I do not care if that makes me old fashioned or not since I do believe that children are INFLUENCED by mass media just as much as adults are when it comes to the INDUSTRY in general and the manipulated so called news from the L, R and in between - American news especially!

Disclaimer: I never had children with my late husband.

WHO owns and runs the news? How many corporations?

WHO runs the movie, the television, the cable/dish and music industry?

ALL of it is tied together and they are NOT exactly run to tell the truth or to help you sort out what is true or false today nor was it in the past.

Listen to silence - it helps soothe the soul. Listen to nature or to some nice music. Read a book.

Read something online or pay attention to some old debates, old footage, etc. when it comes to history.

I can see some warnings about graphic scenes so that a parent might not want their child to see some things on a show or in a movie.

Cig smoking is MILD (Health concern.) compared to the really NASTY stuff that is put up on a screen where they promote young girls looking and acting like hookers in commercials or on some shows. What kind of parent wants their little girl or teen to look and act like that?! NOT a sane one! What kind of parent wants their little boy or teen to act like a punk or gang member? NOT a sane one!

ALL they (Children and adults.) have to do is turn on the so called news (Cough-cough!) and see wars, murders, people dying, people losing their jobs, homes and businesses while the narcissistic, power hungry, greedy, crazy and senile politicians and .gov agency 'kings' are running this country or running for office. That alone should be enough GARBAGE to fill their needs for a lifetime - 30 minutes or less should do it! LOL

Cate

While the warning about smoking doesn't bother me, more useful warnings would include ...

- Abysmal acting
- Plot holes that could accommodate a bus
- Based on Real Events means 98% of this is made up
- Read the book

Smoking is right up there with 'ice cream, cake and apple pie eating'.

This is a bs 'karen' content warning for the delicate and persnickety.

Why isn't 'heavy breathing' included?

Sometimes I swear we come from the same place.

Mom always loved you best...

Do you ever watch "Bothched?

Both-ched. LOL

I've never seen it... assuming you mean "Botched" cuz you mentioned plastic surgery. Nah, that stuff freaks me out. Too many freaks in our world. A friend seems to be surgery addicted. How anybody could go thru more than one facelift is a total mystery to me. Buttfat in your lips... uhmmmm, NO! Botulinum in your brow... YIKES!! Boobs as stiff as a volleyball... ick.

Why isn't 'heavy breathing' included?

Cuz I try not to be loud.

Why isn't 'politically correct' in the content warning?

I do my best to avoid pc movies that're stuffed full of what was once considered deviant behavior for centuries and is now hailed as 'progressive'.

I don't care to see guys speaking in falsetto while mincing/flouncing and women pretending to be men and worse...

Why isn't 'politically correct' in the content warning?

I do my best to avoid pc movies that're stuffed full of what was once considered deviant behavior for centuries and is now hailed as 'progressive'.

I don't care to see guys speaking in falsetto while mincing/flouncing and women pretending to be men and worse...

I won't watch anything that has "globall warming" or "climate change" in it.

Why does it matter? This tiny warning shows up for a miniscule amount of time when nothing is really going on and doesnt block the picture.
Dont use netflix if this makes you so upset :rolleyes:. (This complaint is rather "snowflake" like)

Someone out there might appreciate the warning.

Interesting that this thread began with reference to Warner Bros cartoons...

When Looney Tunes were "re-issued" (80's, I think), they were severely edited for "violence". Gone were scenes like the hand grenade placed in the chicken nest, etc.

Of course the story lines suffered greatly with all the "jump to the next scene" crap.

Johnny Quest (where the original episodes actually showed people blown away with high-powered rifles) suffered the same fate.

Wasn't that about the time, (80's) when Japanese investors bought out most of the major studios and
cleaned out the vaults?:eek:
I remember reading how quite a number of war time anti-axis and anti-Japanese films were,
"purged.":rolleyes:

I see content warnings as snowflakery....

I'd like to see movies simply rated as 'Family, Kinda Raunchy, Really Raunchy and Filthy'.

Ah simplicity, where have you gone my old friend?

(out back, takin a smoke break)

I would argue that nudity, drug use, profanity, and violence are all moral/psychological issues. Smoking is a health issue.

When will they add the warning that the show contains consumption of fatty foods? Or lack of regular exercise? Or driving fossil fuel vehicles?
The difference is that smoking is addictive and the tobacco companies have targeted teens as potential addicts for their products.

ZZZ,

But smokin weed, now that's A-Ok, right? Weed is therapeutic for your bellows, right?

In my distant past, I enjoyed terbaccky in it's every form and loved every puff, chew or dip.

The only reason I quit is to keep my medical supplement premiums under a billion dollars a year....

I once had a friend who liked to claim "Any fool can quit smoking, it takes a man to face cancer" - He smoked over 3 packs a day and then one day announced I'm quitting and did with never a complaint.

Why dont we just ban the ratings system because its aparently so offensive to a few people....this is just something to complain about because we cant go do anything? (Hopefully)

hat,

Nah, the 'karens' can't stand freedom.

Back when Americans thought themselves as free people, my Dad would send me to buy beer and cigarettes for him with a note to the grocer.

"I want two packs of Old Golds and a six-pack of Schlitz."

I'd pay the grocer for these items - he'd put them in a bag and I'd walk out to bring them home.

Imagine the 'karen' outrage today...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads