JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In gun-friendly Vermont, lawmakers pass firearms control bill

Vermont historically has had very few gun control laws. It's a rural state with a high rate of firearms ownership. As we speak, the Republican governor of Vermont ("A" rated by the NRA) will be signing the following into law:

1) Raises the age of purchase to 21
2) Ban on magazines over 10 rounds for rifles, over 15 rounds for handguns
3) Bump stock ban
4) Universal background checks

This comes a few weeks after the Republican governor of Florida signed similar gun control laws.

Everyone is getting their marching orders. Very cool to be alive in this point in history to watch it all come together.

I think you're confusing marching orders with knife in the back.
That is what I expect the useful idiots to receive once their usefulness has run its course.

For now I spectate and watch the things I cannot control come to fruition.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out across the country! The sides are becoming more and more defined! It's going to be a fight, and it's going to get ugly!

So then if the stock original magazine and the only ones available for a particular handgun hold more then 15 rds whats a girl to do? My wifes Astra A-90 is an 18+1 9mm and the 3) .40SW mags I bought for it hold 19+1 I have never seen a magazine that holds less then 18 rds for it offered anywhere.

So then if the stock original magazine and the only ones available for a particular handgun hold more then 15 rds whats a girl to do? My wifes Astra A-90 is an 18+1 9mm and the 3) .40SW mags I bought for it hold 19+1 I have never seen a magazine that holds less then 18 rds for it offered anywhere.

I bet the Aussies & Brits could explain it for you:eek:

That's the difference between Repukeagains and Doucheocrats... Team R will stab you in the back when they think there's some advantage in it for them, Team D will do it just because they CAN. Neither are to be trusted.

I'd suggest she would be wise not to move to Vermont.

Also where the hell would you get a 10 rd M1 carbine mag the stock ones were 15rd.
If Magpul were smart they'd be designing new followers for at least the 20 & 30 rnd mags.

One could do the same with the M1 mags by adding a plastic block.

05D4988C-6B0F-40B3-B464-7F17C940FBFD.jpeg Sounds like ol' Bloomberg did it again.....

I see a "told you soooooo" in the future :rolleyes:

Restricting magazine size's will definitely stop a criminal....

Last I checked killing someone was illegal ??

Last Edited:
The tide has turned against true conservatives and constitutionalists. I fear the future is going to get real ugly, at some point the fuse is going to be lit and this powder keg is going to blow sky high.

I suspect it's going to be a long, hot, nasty summer...

Man, there must be some livid Vermonters -- this governor, after taking 2A money, and 2A votes, does a complete 180. I wonder if he wins the next election.

Edit: interesting, the governor is on a 2yr election cycle. Sworn in this January though, so 2 years to go.

Edit2: The NRA should have a claw back clause for those who take its money and renege.

Man, there must be some livid Vermonters -- this governor, after taking 2A money, and 2A votes, does a complete 180. I wonder if he wins the next election.

Edit: interesting, the governor is on a 2yr election cycle. Sworn in this January though, so 2 years to go.
Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you, or in this case elects you...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews