JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this picture at a restaurant. Anyone know what this car is?!

image.jpeg

The originals were only made 3 years--48,49 and 50. AMC brought back the name
and kinda sorta the style in the mid 60's, but I don't think they offered that full
ragtop.

Neat old rigs. Been a L-O-N-G time since I've seen one on the street!:(

134.1 cu in Go Devil L head 4cyl (same engine as the CJ2A and the WWII military jeeps flat head)

148.5 cu in Lightning L head 6cyl (thats a flat head)

134.1 cu in Hurricane F head 4cyl (same engine used in 1953 to 1971 CJ3B's and CJ-5's Over head intake valve)

161 cu in Lightning L head 6cyl (flat head

They were all 2wd drive some coming with Borg Warner OD units. Most of the parts and pieces came from the station wagon and pickup truck parts bins.

quite a few got converted to 4wd but those are also the ones that got beat to crap and are gone.

A very popular Willys for engine swaps

The last American made Phaeton (well by anything but a boutique sized car maker)

Theres quite a few of them in the South and a few around here.

Thanks for all the helpful responses! Good to see lots of motorheads here. This place has an abundance of knowledge and class. I hope it stays that way forever.

I can't believe anyone that owns a chevy C10 and talks about buying/driving a Subaru would throw shade at a classic Jeep, but whatever dude.
Especially if that person lived in Idaho.

That makes no freakin' sense AT ALL.

yeah.

Now this is what's butt ugly.:confused:

and this...

WAYNO.

2015_jeep_renegade_4dr-suv_latitude_fq_oem_7_717_zpsuwvinw8r.jpg 2015_jeep_compass_angularfront_zps6rnlbjcl.jpg

Last Edited:
Speaking of pretty old cars, my mother dated a guy back in the early 80's that had a nice car collection. One of his favorites was his 1935 Auburn - he would drive that to our house when he visited my mom - even bought me and my brother models of the car. It was a beautiful thing and he took us for rides in it. Ultimately she chose a guy that drove a red RX-7 instead.

This is pretty close to what that Auburn looked like:

71057_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

drrxg89uercu0ndhw4vr.jpg

I didn't buy the Subaru. I will say though, they are so usable. But 36k isn't what I wanted to spend on a get around car. I guess jeeps just aren't my thing. Probably cause I am a toyota guy. I like the fj40. And my tundra. And my newer land cruiser. And the Lexus LS460. It's smooth.

134.1 cu in Go Devil L head 4cyl (same engine as the CJ2A and the WWII military jeeps flat head)

148.5 cu in Lightning L head 6cyl (thats a flat head)

134.1 cu in Hurricane F head 4cyl (same engine used in 1953 to 1971 CJ3B's and CJ-5's Over head intake valve)

161 cu in Lightning L head 6cyl (flat head

They were all 2wd drive some coming with Borg Warner OD units. Most of the parts and pieces came from the station wagon and pickup truck parts bins.

quite a few got converted to 4wd but those are also the ones that got beat to crap and are gone.

A very popular Willys for engine swaps

The last American made Phaeton (well by anything but a boutique sized car maker)

Theres quite a few of them in the South and a few around here.
I worked with a guy who had one of these once, but he had put a small block Chevy V8 in his. Awesome car.

Speaking of pretty old cars, my mother dated a guy back in the early 80's that had a nice car collection. One of his favorites was his 1935 Auburn - he would drive that to our house when he visited my mom - even bought me and my brother models of the car. It was a beautiful thing and he took us for rides in it. Ultimately she chose a guy that drove a red RX-7 instead.

This is pretty close to what that Auburn looked like:

View attachment 292168

View attachment 292169
the guy I got my Cyclone from had a '36 Auburn with a 460 in it :)

I didn't buy the Subaru. I will say though, they are so usable. But 36k isn't what I wanted to spend on a get around car. I guess jeeps just aren't my thing. Probably cause I am a toyota guy. I like the fj40. And my tundra. And my newer land cruiser. And the Lexus LS460. It's smooth.

I love Toyota's how better for a Jeep guy to earn beer money while out in the woods? Then by pulling Toyotas out of the hole they get stuck in LOL.

I'll stick with my 48 Willys that will still be running when the EMP blast goes off and all the computers in your pretty cars go poof.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top