JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
b75882bd14ded9f84e7fa037a9067d50.jpg
Yeah, yeah, yeah....

The Rav4 4wheel drive does disengage when you go over 25 mph. However my wife's 2007 made many trips to Mt Hood in the winter. With snow tires and FWD it did great. If you get in really dicey conditions or deep snow you can turn on the 4WD. You should not be driving over 25 mph anyway if it is that dicey. My son and I took it off road in the snow and it plowed through it. We only had to stop when the snow level got high enough to hit the bumper.
She just got a 2019 Rav4, but I don't think she is letting me take it off road in the snow just quite yet. LOL. But that is why I have a 4runner. I don't need to borrow her rav any more. :)
Actually, I run Goodyear Duratracs on the 4R year round. They are snow rated with the mountain/snowflake symbol. She now borrows my rig if going up to Mt Hood and keeps her new Rav nice and clean.

F150s are one of the best trucks.
At one time the vehicle most owned by people with over a million dollars in the bank.

Only down side is they are expensive (like all trucks) and eats gas (like all trucks)

You can't go wrong with a Yota or a Jeep. Both can be pricey, but they're worth it. Last summer I picked up a 2012 Jeep Liberty and I love it! Wanted a 4dr Wrangler but my pockets weren't deep enuf...

I have driven several Rav4's. My dad and mom have owned three, the latest being a 2016. Was told from the dealer that is disengages after 25 MPH. I have also owned 3 Subarus, and the Rav4 ain't no Subaru. They are good cars for sure but their AWD system leaves something to be desired. I did some research when dad bought his 2016, as it was between that and a Subie. The Subie killed the Rav4 in all regards.

Dad went with the Rav4 though cuz he liked the looks better and said if it snows he'll just stay home. :D

Always trust the dealer... :s0027: And believe what you want to believe.
BTW I admire your brand loyalty.

I honestly don't think you have a full understanding of how the Rav4 4x4 system works.

My answer to that same question: GMC Sierra 2500 crew cab. Fits car seats just fine and still does everything I want it to do.
n Truck-ATV - 2 (2).jpg

My previous truck (I like white):
Truck-ATV - 1.jpg

Last Edited:
My answer to that same question: GMC Sierra 2500 crew cab. Fits car seats just fine and still does everything I want it to do.
nView attachment 587474

My previous truck (I like white):
View attachment 587554
GMC Sierra 2500 crew cab gets 10 mpg, but it hauls 5 people in comfort, fits two car seats in the back seat, and pulls my 12,000# capacity trailer and my 24' boat with ease. And there's still the pickup bed for materials, tools, and equipment. I like it.

I had the same problem. Had a 2002 Tundra, 4x4 extended cab. Worked OK with the two grandson's. But I eventually traded traded it in for a 2012 F-150, 4x4,, Super Crew (4-dr 6-pac) when the granddaughters came along. Mostly because of cars seats. You're probably looking at a crew cab 4-dr Tacoma of similar.

Explorer and utility trailer is the way I went.

Lotta parts and easy/cheap to fix, but we've had great luck with it so far.
Yep! I've been driving an Explorer - 2008 - for the last few years and it's been a great Ride! Right now it's working as an Ambulance since I broke my Right Leg and it's still going strong. The Utility Trailer does a Great Job of moving my little Boat around.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top