JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't want to stir up any political debates here, but I'm wondering if anyone is/or knows a vegan who hunts wild game to feed their own animals (dogs mainly)? Or at the very least, hunts wild game to avoid unethical slaughter of store bought meat? Thoughts?

Cripes, given my success rate for the last bunch of years, I feel like a vegan hunter.

Let one go in the first hour of deer season this year, and I'm down to eating noodles and tofu.

OK, I'll play. I'm a vegetarian who hunts. I feed my kids and have the opportunity to cook for larger groups. I spent 9 years in the Army and never ate what I shot.

Or at the very least, hunts wild game to avoid unethical slaughter of store bought meat? Thoughts?

I am by no means an extreme animal rights fanatic. I REALLY like a good steak, especially when the steak comes off of a deer or an elk. That being said, and even though I eat beef just like most everyone else, some of PETA's own undercover footage of cattle, chicken, and bacon farms presents the best arguements for hunting instead of buying farm raised meat. The way that most of those animals are raised is nothing more than animal cruelty at best and sometimes ends in animal torture. I personally feel a lot better knowing that I took the life of the food I'm eating knowing that it died a much quicker and humane death than it would have at the hand of some guy in a meat processing plant. One should also remember that all wild came is free range and 100% organic which is more than you can say for most store bought meat
As far as shooting animals strictly for dog food, I guess I kind of have a problem with that. I feel that deer and elk are food for people, not dogs. Every wild animal fed to a dog is taking food out of the mouth of a family. But of course go ahead and give the pooch the stuff that's not fit for human consumption

As far as shooting animals strictly for dog food, I guess I kind of have a problem with that. I feel that deer and elk are food for people, not dogs.

What about the "wild" dogs you know wolves and coyote? Don't they bring down deer and elk in the wild occasionally? While I wouldn't give deer or elk meat to my dogs (if I had dogs) it would be out of selfishness rather than a belief that it is "not for dogs".

It is good to know your not a cannibal.

I didn't say what I shot.
But it was high in fiber.

moving-tank.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show