JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a NIB Ruger KP-89 (Stainless Steel, 9mm, with Safety and Decock). Comes with 2 15 round magazines, magazine load assist, manual, box, lock and key.

Can someone tell me the value? I am considering selling/trading it; its a bit too big for my hand.

$275, really? I understand that $450 or $500 would be high. But considering its new and Ruger doesn't make them any more, I would have figured higher than that. I could see the P95 going for that much. Those are terrible pistols in comparison (just my opinion).

I guess maybe I won't sell it after all.

Then again I just saw a used non-stainless go for $350. It did have extra magazines though.

Any other opinions? I don't need to get rid of this, but it does seem like a waste just sitting in the safe.

I just sold mine for $350 with 7 mags... Didn't take long, less than 30 hours, so maybe my price was too low:p They are very functional handgun, just doesn't fit my needs any more.

Anyway a Stainless Steel Ruger should be worth $300 - $375 in good to great condition IMHO

Charles

trot on over to Gunbroker dot com and do a search for THAT pistol. If any are listed, you'll see what others are asking for them, Then do another, same keywords, but select "closed auctions" and you will see any that have actually SOLD, and at what price. I believe you can do this all without "joining" or signing up. Whenever I'm wondering what something is worth, that 's what I do.....

$275, really? I understand that $450 or $500 would be high. But considering its new and Ruger doesn't make them any more, I would have figured higher than that. I could see the P95 going for that much. Those are terrible pistols in comparison (just my opinion).

I guess maybe I won't sell it after all.

Just because the company doesn't make it anymore doesn't make it more desirable. At the end of the day it's still a Ruger semi-auto which a lot of people don't really care for. I think they are a nice cheap plinker if you don't have tons of $$$, but that's pretty much it. I think prices of the older model Rugers are going to continue to plummet now that you can get an SR9 for under $400.

Just because the company doesn't make it anymore doesn't make it more desirable. At the end of the day it's still a Ruger semi-auto which a lot of people don't really care for. I think they are a nice cheap plinker if you don't have tons of $$$, but that's pretty much it. I think prices of the older model Rugers are going to continue to plummet now that you can get an SR9 for under $400.

I agree. In this economy, people ar holding onto there money. Only smokin deals get sold. Keep the pistol, you may need it some day.

If you need to move it, price it at $275. $325 it might sit for a while. FWIW, you can get a new taurus 24/7 9mm at keiths for $335. The rugers, while good guns, don't have a great resale value. A p-95 was the first handgun I bought, in california. There were only 2 tiny gun stores in town, and I paid $450 for it (way too much, I was a noob...) was able to get $275 for it when I sold it.

Found this at BBgvalues. Hopefully it is helpfull. A gun is worth "for sale" what someelse is willing to pay. Books are guides. Good Luck, I would be a buyer, but have 2 already.

"KP89 Stainless - stainless variation of the P89, also available in double action only (disc.). New 1992.
.... Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
MSR $525 $425 $360 $305 $250 $215 $200 $185 "

Add $45 for convertible 7.65mm Luger cal. barrel (Model KP89X, approx. 5,750 mfg. during 1994 only).

I'm currently looking for a 9mm , was thinking Ruger. From what I'm reading here, is the Taurus a better gun ?

The Ruger isn't a bad gun for HD or plinking or getting into shooting without spending a lot of money. If you think that this might be a CC gun or IDPA game gun, then I would look else where. The Ruger P series guns are rock solid reliable which is a plus in any one's ledger... The down side to the Rugers are: the stock trigger suck (especialy compared to a single action 1911) and the lack of option to customize the gun.

Found this at BBgvalues. Hopefully it is helpfull. A gun is worth "for sale" what someelse is willing to pay. Books are guides. Good Luck, I would be a buyer, but have 2 already.

"KP89 Stainless - stainless variation of the P89, also available in double action only (disc.). New 1992.
.... Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
MSR $525 $425 $360 $305 $250 $215 $200 $185 "

Ha! Anyone want to buy this for $525 - it is 100%! Haha!