JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We are in Vancouver moved her from SoCa 2 years ago.

Wife and I are taking a few days off next week. Probably focus on being lazy and relaxing. No major hiking, crazy busy activities

would be cool if there was a good range open to the public. Something with steel or something more than single static lane shooting. Or even some kind of training for few hours-half day training

that is not a must, but would be great.

It will be Wed-Sat/Sun

Where should go?

Preferably no more than 4-5 hour drive, but open.

We like to do 1 nice meal out per day, so good restaurants are important.

Places with a hot tub would be cool
Dog friendly might be a bonus, but we already have a house sitter.
Thanks

I don't know about gun ranges close by but I do know a lot of the coastal hotels offer "winter rates" that, during the week, are about half summer prices. Years ago I worked at The Inn at Cannon Beach and they had pet friendly spa room and were only a block away from the beach. It was a great hotel.

@CountryGent and I would also go to Wheeler during the winter. Wheeler on the Bay has 2 person in-room spas. Hotel wasn't the best but the spas and fireplaces were great and we just wanted to get away (and I didn't want to stay where I worked in Cannon Beach:D). We would read, visit the huge antique store across the street or head over to Tillamook or Manzanita. I believe Tillamook has a range but I don't know anything about it.

@CountryGent and I would also go to Wheeler during the winter. Wheeler on the Bay has 2 person in-room spas. Hotel wasn't the best but the spas and fireplaces were great and we just wanted to get away (and I didn't want to stay where I worked in Cannon Beach:D). We would read, visit the huge antique store across the street or head over to Tillamook or Manzanita.

Delightful times. So many fond memories. And I was far less insane back then, so bonus. :s0155:

Central Oregon/Bend area. We have the Redmond Rod and Gun Club. $10 range fee with on-staff RSO's. plus Bend has tons of great local restaurants and breweries if you're into that stuff. And we currently have lots of snow to the south. There is a vacation rental in my neck of the woods called Baker Pond that I believe is dog friendly

It's been years past now, but Long Beach to your West had satisfying loafing about opportunities. Don't know about Range opportunities there. Most adequate seafood restaurants likely to still be available.

Channel House in Depoe Bay is a spectacular place for a relaxing winter vacation. I don't know about ranges close by, but you can whale watch from your room or balcony while you sit in your private hot tub. Just across the bridge is a bunch of great restaurants, and you can crab or fish nearby. I've booked it for my wife and I next month. It's where we spent our honeymoon 20 years ago.

Last Edited:

A link to help you on your guide. I'm sure if one place stands out then it wouldn't be hard to find accommodations on google

You could ask Steve if he is available for a private class / range day. @CerberusGroup Easy two or three hour drive for you. There are also some quiet getaways near Goldendale on the Eastern slope.

grew up in Orange County, Placentia/Yorba Linda/Fullerton.
We ended up with the Lincoln city Airbnb.
the view from the room, lower cost and closer deive

Pushing for Bend. Especially if you wanna shoot. Side note, where abouts did you transplant from. Wife and I moved here from the Inland Empire 4ish years ago.

I don't think I have interacted with him, but I do have his webpage saved.

That was on my mind, but didn't tell the wife. Mostly because I don't think either of us would be up for a full day. Been putting in some serious hours and need to be lazy.
I do want to do some private lessons, I feel like we are in this weird space of being more than beginners, but not really experienced.
Maldonado, the wife has family in Golden Dale so we could go anytime.

You could ask Steve if he is available for a private class / range day. @CerberusGroup Easy two or three hour drive for you. There are also some quiet getaways near Goldendale on the Eastern slope.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top