JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a question for the community .
Why in the world do gun friendly folks, like most on here are, insist on using PayPal as as a form of payment?
This company will refuse any transaction if anything firearms is mentioned ( guns, gun parts, ammunition, etc) when there are at least two, if not more, alternatives (Zelle, Venmo) that do not charge any transaction fees what so ever. PayPal (unless you lie) will charge you a 3% transaction fee.
And the kicker is Paypal is as anti-gun as you can get. I'm sorry I don't have the numbers but PayPal and its evil twin Ebay donate beaucoup $$ to the DNC.
So any takers on an explanation?

Venmo is a subsidiary of PayPal. I don't use them for that reason and have been weaning myself away from PayPal because of their anti 2A activities. Venmo does not charge a transaction fee at this time.

Zelle is newer, I think, but is a digital payments network operated by Early Warning Services which is jointly owned by Bank of America, BB&T, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, US Bank, Citibank and Wells Fargo. Zelle does not charge a transaction fee at this time.

Zelle makes their money by the interest on the funds transferred and will probably start charging transaction fees in the future. Venmo will also follow the same business model.

I still have a PP account but only use it for places that offer no alternative. Like for my support to this site. The other is Ebay. Just bought some more Mags for a .22. Seller took Credit Card but it he is running it through PP on his end. I have never used PP for normal stuff. I have long warned people from day one that they are not a bank so they are not covered under the same rules. So only reason I keep an account with them is for the few times no other choice is offered.

My point in starting this thread is because I would like to let folks actually know of PayPals anti 2nd outlook.
Also to start a conversation to let others know that there are other options.
If you're dead set on using PayPal for your online transactions, I hope maybe this conversation at least makes you think about other options. If not, maybe you're part of our problem?????

If not, maybe you're part of our problem?????

That's me... I LIVE to be part of your problem. :rolleyes: Can't convince people, just switch to insults... that ought to do it. So far I'm not noticing a real big difference in rhetoric with the other haters.

I buy all the firearms related crap that I want on eBay with my PP account. HAHA on them! When I sell on eBay, I know I am going to get dinged the fees anyway, big deal.

As far as the classifieds on this site... one seller asked me to do, oh I think it was some cashapp or whatever... anyway, the app wanted a debit card, not a credit card. Online! No F'in way is that EVER happening!

I still have a PP account but only use it for places that offer no alternative. Like for my support to this site. The other is Ebay. Just bought some more Mags for a .22. Seller took Credit Card but it he is running it through PP on his end. I have never used PP for normal stuff. I have long warned people from day one that they are not a bank so they are not covered under the same rules. So only reason I keep an account with them is for the few times no other choice is offered.
They may not be covered under banking rules , but , they have always refunded money when an E-bay transaction went south or was fraudulent. It may cost the seller fees , but it does not cost me as a buyer and gives me buyers protection. 90% of credit card Companies are anti-gun , but you still use their cards. I have had my Credit Card number stolen using it for online purchases , but that never happens with Paypal. Half the dang world is anti-gun so ya just do the best you can...

I have a question for the community .
Why in the world do gun friendly folks, like most on here are, insist on using PayPal as as a form of payment?
This company will refuse any transaction if anything firearms is mentioned ( guns, gun parts, ammunition, etc) when there are at least two, if not more, alternatives (Zelle, Venmo) that do not charge any transaction fees what so ever. PayPal (unless you lie) will charge you a 3% transaction fee.
And the kicker is Paypal is as anti-gun as you can get. I'm sorry I don't have the numbers but PayPal and its evil twin Ebay donate beaucoup $$ to the DNC.
So any takers on an explanation?

I can't speak for other people but I can tell you about my decision.

I have Never used Pay Pal, Ebay, Amazon, etc.

I have heard of too many people getting screwed by Pay Pal over the years and not just when they were more vocal on being anti gun.

I would Not use them even if they were a pro gun company.

Many gun folks, including me, have discussed Pay Pal being anti gun on other forums or in person to other people. I have not mentioned it here on this forum until you put up this thread.

Cate

I actually had to delete my PayPal account recently due to repeatedly being hacked. Some scumbag figured out a way to use the mobile app to hack it, and I kept getting emails about pending withdrawls. I contacted PayPal, went through all the steps to alert them of the fraud, reset my password to a new one that was VERY strong, and what do you know, the next day it was hacked again, same way. Called them again, let them know that if they can't keep their service secure im not able to be a customer anymore. Glad to not be supporting another anti-gun business. I'll stick with money orders if i' going to be purchasing a firearm online.

I know people who LOST money using Pay Pal and they never got it back even though they did ALL of the legal things that they were supposed to do to make it right. They still got screwed by losing all of the money they had in their account or they lost a bunch of it. Things were never resolved in an honest, timely and efficient manner.

Cate

I know people who LOST money using Pay Pal and they never got it back even though they did ALL of the legal things that they were supposed to do to make it right. They still got screwed by losing all of the money they had in their account or they lost a bunch of it. Things were never resolved in an honest, timely and efficient manner.

Cate

The "norm" when people bring stuff like this up is many who say "I have had a PP account years and never had a problem". That's great but, PayPal is not a bank, they are not covered under the same laws as banks. Many have had problems with PP. As with most things there are ways to help mitigate "risk". PP is the same. One is NEVER let them have access to your bank account. Decades back when I first signed up you had to have them linked to an account to start. So I went to a bank offering free checking and opened and account. Took most of the money back out, signed up for PP. Put a credit card on it, then closed the checking account. PP for a LONG time would send all kinds of crap about how I should hook them to a bank account. The reason is if they (PP) screw with a credit card you can just shut them down and take the money back. Now not sure if you did this if they would close your account or not, they certainly could. Of course you would be made whole. I noticed its been a very long time since PP has tried to get me to let them have access to a bank account again so I guess they stopped bothering. Many will hear this warning and ignore it, matters not to me. Some may have had a PP account linked to a bank account for a decade and never had a problem. Does not mean one day they will not regret that choice when something does go south. <shrug>

The "norm" when people bring stuff like this up is many who say "I have had a PP account years and never had a problem". That's great but, PayPal is not a bank, they are not covered under the same laws as banks. Many have had problems with PP. As with most things there are ways to help mitigate "risk". PP is the same. One is NEVER let them have access to your bank account. Decades back when I first signed up you had to have them linked to an account to start. So I went to a
bank offering free checking and opened and account.
Took most of the money back out, signed up for PP. Put a credit card on it, then closed the checking account. PP for a LONG time would send all kinds of crap about how I should hook them to a bank account. The reason is if they (PP) screw with a credit card you can just shut them down and take the money back. Now not sure if you did
this if they would close your account or not, they certainly could. Of course you would be made whole. I noticed its been a very long time since PP has tried to get me to let them have access to a bank account again so I guess they stopped bothering. Many will hear this warning and ignore it, matters not to me. Some may
have had a PP account linked to a bank account for a decade and never had a problem. Does not mean one day they will not regret that choice when something does go south. <shrug>
Years ago I set up a side account just for Paypal.
Whenever I need to use it I simply transfer whatever
money I need into it. I keep less than a hundred bucks in it which will cover my whim purchases on ebay. I always heard about the horror stories so I figured that would be the safest way to dance with these morons in this modern age.

Last Edited:
Unfortunately, I don't know for sure weather all or any banking systems are pro or anti 2nd amendment. The one thing I do know is that PayPal is anti. And they take pride in showing it.
My point is, why give $ to PayPal, whom we know is anti 2nd amendment, when there are other options?
It baffles me that almost every ad in the classifieds takes PayPal or USPS money order (which is a major pain) but no other option?

I'll bet you buy stuff through Amazon....:eek:

I actually had to delete my PayPal account recently due to repeatedly being hacked. Some scumbag figured out a way to use the mobile app to hack it, and I kept getting emails about pending withdrawls. I contacted PayPal, went through all the steps to alert them of the fraud, reset my password to a new one that was VERY strong, and what do you know, the next day it was hacked again, same way. Called them again, let them know that if they can't keep their service secure im not able to be a customer anymore. Glad to not be supporting another anti-gun business. I'll stick with money orders if i' going to be purchasing a firearm online.

I too am old school & many companies that I buy from still take USPS M O's. It's no different than banking transactions, you have to go to your bank to cash a check don't you?
Almost all large online companies are Anti- something & before too long we'll be buying in the black market....

Years ago I set up a side account just for Paypal.
Whenever I need to use it I simply transfer whatever
money I need into it. I keep less than a hundred bucks in it which will cover my whim purchases on ebay. I always heard about the horror stories so I figured that would be the safest way to dance with these morons in this modern age.

I buy crap on eBay with PP Credit. Then pay them at my convenience... no risk to my bank acct. But then, I still do business at BiMart. :rolleyes:

It's quick and convenient, you send the money and I'll get you your stuff ASAP. Companies that have a monopoly generally are the go-to even if we don't agree with their views, there are a dozen other video sites out there but most people go to YouTube, not Vimeo or other sites, despite the controversy.

If someone wants to buy something from me but doesn't want to use paypal they can pay in an alternative form as long as it's not some brand new payment app that just came out yesterday and wants all your bank details

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top