JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a CVA optima in 50 caliber. I bought the Great Plains in the same caliber
It would seem they would fit,no?
Nope. I can get them 99% past the end of the barrel and they stop.(I can unscrew my breach so I can get them out easy;)) I'm getting.495 at the base of the slug and .505+- midway as per hornady specs. My barrel,as close as I can measure is .499-.503 (lands and grooves?).
The Hornady rep said to get a Great Plains starter? to make sure they are going in perfect. I skeered they are too big and gunna blow my gun up:eek:
I googled the ? but not a bunch of answers. Some have used them with an optima.
Tell me I'm doing it wrong or are these bullets just not a good match for my gun?
Thanks in advance.

I'm just starting ML with a CVA Optima NW 50 cal and find the Hornady 385 conicals take a good rap on the bullet starter to get them into the rifling. After that they push down the barrel just fine and shot fine as well. My buddy is just starting ML as well but with a Traditions Vortex stgrikerfire and he has to "rap" them as well. The MaxiBalls just push in easy and do not seem to engage the rifling like the Hornadys. What did you end up doing?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top