JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I own an ATI GI Style (barebones) 1911 that I purchased new for about $330 a few years ago. I am looking at making an offer on a used Taurus PT1911 and would like to know what price range my offer should be, any suggestions? The pistol appears to be in great shape and it is the blued/parkerized (not stainless) model.

Also anything particular to the Taurus 1911 that I should look for when evaluating the pistol for purchase?

Last Edited:
I purchased a pt1911r from a pawn shop for $350 a few years back after selling my RIA GI model. I was not expecting much due to the internet's general opinion on Taurus, but that gun kicks a$$. The trigger is awesome and it is a solid shooter.
I did break an extractor but it was the first range trip after purchasing so god knows what it looked like before, I was also shooting el cheapo aluminum case so that probably didnt help either. Standard 1911 parts though, easy enough to fix.
Awesome guns đź‘Ť

7C6F7ECA-FE6E-4073-961F-15A9A7F131A4.jpeg

I purchased a pt1911r from a pawn shop for $350 a few years back after selling my RIA GI model. I was not expecting much due to the internet's general opinion on Taurus, but that gun kicks a$$. The trigger is awesome and it is a solid shooter.
I did break an extractor but it was the first range trip after purchasing so god knows what it looked like before, I was also shooting el cheapo aluminum case so that probably didnt help either. Standard 1911 parts though, easy enough to fix.
Awesome guns đź‘Ť

View attachment 1068097
Nice pistol!

I would be happy if I could snag it for $350 but I suspect they won't go that low. It might be a good place to start though.

Being one of the few Taurus fans on the forum, Ive purchased two PT1911's from members here. I own a blued and a stainless railed version.

A used blued PT1911 should be about $400-$500 in todays market. Before covid and the election.. you could snag them for $350

Brand new (and if stainless) they fetch $550-$650 in todays market. More like $500 for a blued version.

For $450, its still an excellent deal. The PT1911 does not get enough credit. Its probably one of the best firearms Taurus makes. Its not a cheaply made firearm. Plenty of features it comes with that other brands upsell for.

$450 seems pretty high to me. This one went for $400 or less a few months ago and had 3 mags plus case.

$450 seems pretty high to me. This one went for $400 or less a few months ago and had 3 mags plus case.

Id say $400 is fair and a solid deal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top