JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fun time at the Range today with Wife. One major let down. This ammo. I have used it for quite a while now and loved it. Always was a little on the dirty side but never cared. Well today my KT S2K would not feed. It was VERY dirty so at first I thought maybe why. Then a couple missfire's. Rounds showed a very good hit. So stuck the same mag in my TNW ASR. First round I felt a bunch of crap hit me in the face. After making sure nothing was wrong with gun I stuck another mag in with some other ammo. All ran fine. Had a couple happy sticks of this ammo, just tossed it all. Anyone else had trouble with this ammo? Still have one more new box of it here. After what just happened it's going in the trash. Afraid to trust it now.

Not Sure what a "happy stick" is, but couldnt you pull the bullets and reload the cartridges? It's a drag throwing away useful components....
Joke term for the Glock 33 round mags.
This ammo is steel case non re loadable. I could I guess save the slugs but to me it would not be worth the work to pull them just to save them. Still have another unopened box of this ammo. Afraid to try the stuff now. Not sure if I will just toss it or maybe take my old P-89 out and see if it will burn it up. I have used a lot of this ammo and never had problems. The stuff I tossed was long out of the boxes it came in so no way to see what lot#s it was. Just glad I did not end up with a case of this damn stuff. Since I have heard nothing else about it I have to guess it was just a fluke of some bad stuff that got out. Still makes me leery to try to use that last 150 rounds I have.

Hmmm... I see your point.... kinda :)
An inertia bullet-puller would take those rounds apart. Steel case or not the bullets could be run thru the bullet seater and reset in the case. I have done this with steel-cased .45 ammo from ww2. Naturally I don't recommend anyone else doing this... Have also reloaded steel cases ONCE, no more than that due to concerns about the cases stretching and cracking.
Shooting the stuff up in a P89 sounds like a good idea, the P89 will eat about anything.

This ammo is steel case non re loadable
You can pull the bullet out and still use the case. I've heard of it being done by some people with surplus 7.62x54R ammo.

As for fired steel, still can be done (not as much as brass obviously), but its harder on the dies. And they tend to be berdan primed so they're also inconvenient.

You can pull the bullet out and still use the case. I've heard of it being done by some people with surplus 7.62x54R ammo.

As for fired steel, still can be done (not as much as brass obviously), but its harder on the dies. And they tend to be berdan primed so they're also inconvenient.

I am pretty sure the USA Forged Win makes is boxer primed. If I had a case of it I would be tempted to try something. Since I just have the one box of 150 left it's tempting to just toss it. My old P89 is such a tank I may take it out and try it. Of course if one does some kind of damage I will be asking myself why I did that over a $30 box of ammo. Still strange. I have never in my life seen this kind of stuff with American made ammo. Never even seen this with the imported stuff I use.

If there's an issue with it doing that, either pull em and do your own or dispose of them IMO. I'd hate to have to explain another scar on my hand cause of bad ammo.

If there's an issue with it doing that, either pull em and do your own or dispose of them IMO. I'd hate to have to explain another scar on my hand cause of bad ammo.
LOL, you're of course right. Many years ago buddy bought some reloads off an ad in the Shotgun News. I tried to tell him it was "too good". He did it anyway. Ammo was crap. He was trying to use it up anyway. One of the last rounds was in an at that time new Detonics. It blew the case which blew the guts of the mag out, cracked one grip, and left a good sliver of brass in his hand. So by the time he bought a new mag, set of grips, and a trip to the Doc to pull the metal out, well I did't have it in me to say " I tried to tell you". :D Still just bothers hell out of me that US made factory ammo would do this. That was the main thing I liked about this ammo. It was about a buck a box more than the imported stuff but I felt like I was buying US made so it was worth it. No good dead and all.

Joke term for the Glock 33 round mags.
This ammo is steel case non re loadable. I could I guess save the slugs but to me it would not be worth the work to pull them just to save them. Still have another unopened box of this ammo. Afraid to try the stuff now. Not sure if I will just toss it or maybe take my old P-89 out and see if it will burn it up. I have used a lot of this ammo and never had problems. The stuff I tossed was long out of the boxes it came in so no way to see what lot#s it was. Just glad I did not end up with a case of this damn stuff. Since I have heard nothing else about it I have to guess it was just a fluke of some bad stuff that got out. Still makes me leery to try to use that last 150 rounds I have.
It's a Glock. I know what I'd do.. I'd shoot them thar.

Its not very often but it happens. IICR Federal also had a bad batch of ammo at one point. Forgot which batch it was though.

Since this would have been cranked out during the last great panic that could well have something to do with it. The plants that make ammo were all running 24/7 for a long time trying to catch up. That can of course lead to mistakes happening.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top