JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't spend any of your money. I bought a gen 2 Urban Carry for my Shield. PM with your address and I'll mail it to you for free.

Why I don't use it: Unless you are skinny as a rail, wear roomy pants, and keep the belt loose, you're not going to be clearing the holster like they show in the videos. Could only get the gun out in a standing position; sucking in my stomach and wearing the belt so loose it no longer served its intended purpose.

Don't spend any of your money. I bought a gen 2 Urban Carry for my Shield. PM with your address and I'll mail it to you for free.

Why I don't use it: Unless you are skinny as a rail, wear roomy pants, and keep the belt loose, you're not going to be clearing the holster like they show in the videos. Could only get the gun out in a standing position; sucking in my stomach and wearing the belt so loose it no longer served its intended purpose.

Thank you.
And good point.
PM Sent.

I will have to add a dissenting opinion: I utilize an Urban Carry G2 holster almost daily with a Glock 26 (a.k.a. "Baby Glock") either as a primary or backup gun depending on my other clothing. I have had to move to upsized "fat pants," but after doing so it has become an amazingly comfortable, inconspicuous way to carry. Being able to draw in various positions for me is just a matter of how much belt tension I apply and the shorter nature of the gun.

I have heard really polarizing opinions on the Urban Carry, but I would never give mine up. My other holsters are a Galco Fletch High Ride OWB and a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig as I generally don't find IWB stuff significantly and reliably more concealable if not wearing some sort of jacket. The Urban Carry was really the only IWB option that didn't become chancy for exposure if wearing the wrong sort of clothing for concealment, and didn't print in any obvious gun-like way.

I will have to add a dissenting opinion: I utilize an Urban Carry G2 holster almost daily with a Glock 26 (a.k.a. "Baby Glock") either as a primary or backup gun depending on my other clothing. I have had to move to upsized "fat pants," but after doing so it has become an amazingly comfortable, inconspicuous way to carry.

I agree it is comfortable to carry. My working pants are loose so I can easily bend, stoop and squat without a problem. But that meant I had to wear the belt tighter to keep my work pants up [Carharts, Duluth, Wrangler Riggs]. And the tighter the belt, the more difficult to pull the holster up past the belt. Now I just carry the Shield in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster most of the time. Just as discreet and faster to clear the holster. For inside the belt carry at 5 o'clock, I use an Alien Shield Cloak Tuck. Also comfortable and easy to clear but requires an untucked shirt.

I have a G2 and use it when I need deeper concealment. I wear loose fit cloths, it's not gonna fit well in skinny fit girly pants. The larger the gun, the more loose your pants will need to be. But I can fit my Shield and my MP Subcompact in my normal pants without printing. When I put my Commander size 1911 it's more obvious I have something large in my pants.

It's like any other holster, works for some and not for others.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top