JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just called the ATF and quizzed them about the time it takes to get a form 1 through, and they said that the FBI is taking around 60 days from the time the FBI recieves the fingerprint cards, to release of background check. May be shorter, but probably not. I have had a form 1 under review since August 8th, and still not seen the stamp. Just letting every one know!

no, that was from the ATF lady, she said the BG check was averaging 60 days from FBI. Probably because of all of the illegals they are "vetting"! My words, not the atf.

I efiled my suppressor form 1 (individual) on August 10th. Called the NFA line on August 31, and was told they don't have my fingerprints. Emailed them a picture of my tracking number, showing receipt at ATF on 08/13/21 and the next morning had an email back saying they located the fingerprint cards. Called them again last week and was also told these are averaging 60 days. Still pending at 46 days.

That was better than my first finger print "transaction" with the post office. Sent prints in unmarked envelope with tracking, and got notice of denial for no finger prints submitted. Seems they made it as per tracking, but sent to another address close to there, but missed the 10 day requirement to submit prints. Gotta love the usps! $40 later for more printing, and more wait time, I am still waiting on FBI BACKGROUND.

I know they are backed up, took almost two months for a response from the Efile ask an expert to respond to one of my questions. AFTER my form 1 was processed and denied!

Seems like more and more folks are slipping through the cracks. Perhaps the days of 15-30 day form 1s are ending?

did your stamp ever come out? I am trying to ascertain how much wait time I have left...
nope. heard back from the ATF today. heres what they said:
258E8CB0-EEDC-4DA8-B49B-7315D088D529.jpeg

nope. heard back from the ATF today. heres what they said:
View attachment 1049916
even though friends of mine put in after me already got theirs back.

ive looked at my form with a microscope. i cannot find any errors. i did provide my SSN and did not do anything out of the norm as far as i know. they have told me they got my prints and everything else they need.

I am in the same boat. I sent the form in, double checked it, and got the prints in the 10 day window. I am waiting on two stamps right now. Do you know if the FBI has to run the background twice when there are two stamps, or do they do one and apply it to the second stamp? It's a government agency, so they probably run two. Gotta spend the tax payers money!

even though friends of mine put in after me already got theirs back.

ive looked at my form with a microscope. i cannot find any errors. i did provide my SSN and did not do anything out of the norm as far as i know. they have told me they got my prints and everything else they need.
I filed a day or two before you on this last one, got mine 34 days after hitting submit!

I am in the same boat. I sent the form in, double checked it, and got the prints in the 10 day window. I am waiting on two stamps right now. Do you know if the FBI has to run the background twice when there are two stamps, or do they do one and apply it to the second stamp? It's a government agency, so they probably run two. Gotta spend the tax payers money!
2 forms, 2 bgc.

I guess they must have a frequent flier file on me. Form 1 SBR filed on 9/4/21, prints received by them 9/8/21, form approved 9/20/21.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top