JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I heard back today via email from springfield armory. It was not what I was expecting. I was extremely honest and forthcoming with how the cracks and damage happened. The pics of my invoice speak for themselves. Tracking shows I will have it back by Friday.
People can say what they will about any firearms company. When you have a situation like this and have admitted you feel that you are the cause of the damage. Then they thank you for being honest , and replace your gun. I am still in shock over this.
I was a fan before. I would have still been, even if they hadn't done what they did. When my baby gets back home. I will also post some before and after pics.
So far my best customer service experience has been Lee precision and reloading and now Springfield Armory.

20160608_184727.jpg 20160608_184737.jpg

Always good to know what companies stand by their products - especially when they would have a good reason not to. I don't own any Springfields myself, but if I ever get the bug, it's good to know they stand by their product.

Thanks, my name is floating around alot already. I do understand what you mean though. I have an open door policy. Everyone is welcome within range.

Wow, I got to learn more about this sorta stuff.I know a person can get a bit of information from the web. Didn't know it was that easy.

I had a similar GREAT customer experience with Springfield too. They are #1 in my book for CS. Ruger too has been wonderful with their CS. Nice to know those folks are out there. :)

Smith & Wesson is one of the worst gun companies to deal with. I sent in a 40 Shield because the chamber was overly unsupported. They sent me back one that was worse. The 6 o'clock position was reamed out more and had deep gouges, the chamber looked like a 5yr old took a dremel to it. Glad to see a gun company that still values their customers and acknowledges that polymer isn't indestructible. You'd think the frames were solid steel by the way most gun companies defend their fantastic plastics.

Edit to add: I do like some of S&W's guns and it's a shame they aren't easier to deal with...

Last Edited:
Smith & Wesson is one of the worst gun companies to deal with. I sent in a 40 Shield because the chamber was overly unsupported. They sent me back one that was worse. The 6 o'clock position was reamed out more and the chamber looked like a 5yr old took a dremel to it. Glad to see a gun company that values their customers.
Ouch! A "bad" company would be Bench Made Knives, there customer service is non existent, and the nasty lady at the front desk basically has a phone glued to her ear and security on speed dial when ever you walk through the door! I will NEVER EVER buy a Bench made Knife again! Life time warranty is more like tail light warranty, We got yer money, now get the hell off our property! Ops, we cant see yer tail lights, warranty 's up!:eek::eek::eek:

Oh I know all about b!tchmade and all that stuff that went down a few years back. Their knives are wayyyy overrated. I bought one of their limited edition urban camo Auto Strykers and it looked like it was spray painted on with cheap krylon. The paint rubbed off if you even looked at it. It was an ackward design too. Most of the push button autos are ackward because the button is up behind the pivot screw. I think Les DeAsis was having all his knives made in China and labeling them as "Made in USA"... or atleast that was the impression I got from their stuff. ? Check out this site if you wanna know some of what happened: Balisong Butterfly Knife Kits & Parts (http://butterflyknifekits.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=46)

They took Spyderco's famous Spyderhole and changed it. Then they screwed it up and made it into an oval hole on the Ascent and a few others. Which was again an ackward not very well thought out design... with slick hard to hold onto flat plastic handles. If you ever get the chance to handle an Ascent, you'll see what I mean. The threaded inserts for the pocketclip popped out of the frame on the Ascent I had. Cheaply made knife for $50+.... Back then (2001-2007), American made and Chinese made were easier to differentiate between. Ever since the economies reversed, quality has kinda switched as well.

Last Edited:
I'm not too suprised.

They have a LOT of competition in the plastic gun market and can not really afford to have it get out that they are sub par to another company.

S&W is still trying to stand on the reputation they used to have IMO.

We sent back my wife's XD9 after our very first trip to the range for a handgun training class. It was not cycling well at all.

Turns out it was just the crappy reloaded ammo from Beaverton Armory (that they sold us as if it was new). Thus why I will never step in their shop ever again.

Springfield still took the gun back and replaced several parts just in case no charge even though now, Im 100% sure the gun was fine.

They are a good company in my book

Wow, very good to know that they are a stand up company. Hopefully I'll never need them for my xdm9. Well built, comfortable to hold, and I just love shooting it.

Last Edited:
I have 2 xd's in my safe, and are part of my edc rotation. While both have been flawless from the get-go, it's good to know they have your back when it comes to solving problems with their products.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top