JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the Uberti Navy conversion model, and I didn't do enough research before I put the first rounds through it. As is not uncommon, the recoil drove the arbor into the barrel mount hole hard enough to deform the hole, and now I have a wobbly barrel.

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith for this? Any feedback on VTI?

-D

No receipt could be a problem. Is it from a local outfit? Have you done business with them before? Did you buy it with a Credit Card? Things like that can make a difference.

Bought it several years ago. The issue developed and I attempted a couple of basic fixes: new wedge, arbor spacer, etc. I had every intention of attempting to replace the barrel pins with wider/longer ones, and line the arbor hole with JB Weld to put the fit back, but it just kept getting moved to the back of the safe.

Recently I got an itch for a Ruger 3-Screw in .357, but I cannot in good conscience buy another revolver until this one is fixed.

I already don't have time for the actual real projects I have going.

So I'm sending it out...as soon as i find a willing, qualified smith.

I called Jon this morning, as his shop is 30min closer to my house than driving to Estacada.

Also PM'd @Velzey to thank him for the reference and generally pick his brain.

No real rush. Current plan is to visit Jon when he gets back from vacation. Seems the little gun would be in good hands either way.

Thanks all!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top