JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Colt 45 1911 that was carried by a WWII paratrooper (friend of mine's dad). He had the gun re-parkerized sometime after he retired. It has two magazines (one origianal and one kimber), the original wood grips and pachmayr grips. I have downloaded an owners manual for it. The gun shoots great! I was thinking of listing this for sale/trade valued at $550 - $600 but wanted some feed back as to value. Any help is appreciated.

I've seen Colt 1911-A1, that have been re-parked, with all correct parts, selling for $1200 to $1500. I would think that $550-600 would be a smokin deal, if it is a legitimate US Property, marked Colt 1911-A1.

............. So, you are thinkin about selling it......??????

WOW Sounds like a unique 1911. I dont have the knowledge that a lot the other guys on this forum have but I think you will get sound advice as to value.
Good luck with your sale or trade.

I will post pics and more info later. Yes I am thinking about selling it or trading for a .40 or 9mm.

Here are the pics...terrible quality from my phone,(better pics later from my camera)

Correction: the additional grips are Hogue not Pachmayr

I also have a Mikes black nylon holster.

I am hoping these pics will provide enough info so as to identify age and model.

The serial number puts it in the 1918 area. But since it's been refinished, its collector value has greatly diminished.

One would need to view it up close to gets its true value, to confirm if its correct for that year.

Most 1911's of that vintage were not hardened around the breech face and slide, so a daily dose of hardball etc., would not be a good thing for it.

I would recommend running softball loads thru it, until it could be verified of its condition.

500-600 may be a 'smokin' deal to some, but only if you're a shooter not a collector.

I will pass the photos onto a couple of collectors, and the past Prez of the Colt Collectors, and get a better opinion on its value for you.

Thanks Wichaka; I look forward to your reply. Once I have my ducks in a row I will move forward with a solid sale/trade price in the Classified's section.