JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It looks like the family of the deceased is going after the shooter in a civil action. He may have avoided PMITA prison, but he still might lose almost everything to his name. De-escalation would have been better for all involved.

The country's gone full crazy on us, I'm baffled by this one.
Here a guy injects himself into a custody dispute thats not his, comes back with a gun and kills the guy and is not prosecuted, barely makes local media. Meanwhile another guy while trying to help others was running for his life from a mob and was charged with murder and blasted nationally as the bad guy.

So what did the grand jury know that we didnt?

Maybe the Grand Jury knew things about the victim and his past actions that justified the Texas maxim "He needed killin.?
Or maybe the Grand Jury knows something about Carruth and HIS potential 'past actions' - lets it go on the 'public' side knowing full well a civil action will take place and he will lose in that regard as no one will 'support him', and therefore save the public money and grief ?

Yes, it would cost the public less for him to be living on the streets, instead of in prison. When you count the legal and medical costs, it gets even better.

If they make sure he has access to fentanyl while on the streets, and 911 is slow to get there with the Narcan, it gets even cheaper!

I too have to say this shocked me that they came back with nothing. The civil action will be pricey but, if he has any sense he is already preparing to make sure he has nothing in his name before that goes to court. What a damn mess over people who can not control their emotions.

I too have to say this shocked me that they came back with nothing. The civil action will be pricey but, if he has any sense he is already preparing to make sure he has nothing in his name before that goes to court. What a damn mess over people who can not control their emotions.
IIRC the tall guy who got killed was a felon who owned several businesses and his new woman is now suing for custody of his kids so she can control the estate. The guy who pulled the trigger already lost most of his assets to his ex-wife, the judge.

Anyone else find it odd how nonchalant they are, seconds after he was shot and is just laying there?
Absolutely! So much so that I wonder ... staged??*

The "girlfriend" at right, still looking at phone? The woman in the vehicle (wasn't that her man that died) is like uh, CALM as she keeps talking. Somebody just got capped, punch it and get outta there or run over the guy who shot your man. Even the trigger-puller looks like he does that every day, very relaxed, expression on face is no stress.

*Yeah can call me conspiracy theorist no biggie .... :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top