JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the prepper and hunting folks. Mountain House is great, basically all I take with me on outdoor trips. Also got a lot in long term storage with the nice 30 year shelf life. Usually goes for at least $10 per meal in stores. Creamy Macaroni and Cheese + Classic Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. Had them both and they're great when prepared with hot water

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
It looks like there's no rush. ;)

1704555791055.png

Quantity limited to one (1).

Last Edited:
I just went back to the link half a dozen times and made separate orders. It accepted them.
Good tip! I hadn't thought of trying that.

I don't know if I want to go back for more though. I've never tried mountain house before. Always too pricey for me, prefer MRE's, and was curious... but... I tried the mac n' cheese last night and wasn't at all impressed. (supposedly the spaghetti is quite good, but haven't tried it yet.)

Per suggestions... I did the initial 5 min, stirred again and resealed for an additional 10min (instead of 4 listed on the package), but 2/3rds of the pasta was fairly mushy and the other 1/3rd was still quite crunchy. The sauce flavor was good, but really starchy/gluey rather than the silky type similar to good old KRAFT. Some people might like that, but all told.... I would have rather been eating MRE chili mac. 😁

I'm not sure what went wrong and maybe just a bum pack, but it was fairly fresh with "best by" date of 2053. So... less than a year old since packaged.

YMMV

So... the mac n' cheese was highly disappointing, but the spaghetti is top tier! 👍
Meaty, tomatoy goodness! Pasta was consistent and tasted near as fresh cooked as any prepared spaghetti I've ever had.

As far as a 2 person portion goes... it certainly ain't. I wasn't particularly hungry to begin with, all finished... and I could still eat a little somethin somethin.🤣

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews