JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any opinions on Tula primers (small pistol in particular)? They are less expensive but I don't think of Tula as a very high quality. Do you get what you pay for here?

Best online source for primers?

It's the only brand I use anymore, well tula and wolf. I have always had good luck with them. I don't think anyone has them in stock right now. But, usually wideners and powder valley is where I get them from. I also get them from other members on this forum.

From what I read there can be an issue if they don't get seated fully. The ones I've reloaded with recently have all worked just fine and they will be my general-use primer from now on. Still going to use cci for my "stash" ammo but otherwise I'm perfectly happy with the Tula...

Online? Due to the panic buying it's going to be hit-and-miss I think. Make a list of bookmarks for your favorite online dealers and check back every so often. I picked up 5k Tula in the reloading classified section of this site the other week ....

I compared Winchester, Federal, CCI's, and Wolf/Tula primers as to how they performed in all my firearms. Both for reliability and accuracy (SD/ES of loads).

I now am shooting up all my primers and will be going to Tula exclusively. "Plinking" of "Match Grade", no matter, all will be using Tula primers.

I just laid in a supply that is measured in "Cases", not boxes. Luckily I managed to do so before the "mass insanity" set in.

Kimber Custom ----

"Russian Primers" have been used by many in the world to set shooting records. The Tula product is by no means a low quality product. You can't always judge quality on the basis of price.

If you can get them, use them. You won't be disappointed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top