JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ways to guarantee yourself that you will be groped by the TSA:

1: buy a one way ticket
2: buy your ticket less than 48 hours before scheduled depart
3: change your ticket less than 6 hours before scheduled depart

I've been groped a couple of times. Next time I will make a scene.

There is actually a mark on your ticket that the 'pre-screeners' look for. I've flown with groups before where my ticket was the only one that had the mark and I was the only one molested.

Just refuse to go through the cancer generator...I mean body scanner...and you'll get your very own molestation.

I won't go through them, they won't allow independent testing of the machines so I don't believe that they're safe.

I still remember the old days when people used to carry rifles on a plane. All this nonsense started when a few idiots decided they wanted a free ride to Cuba; that started the metal detectors. The way that should have been handled, is the pilots should have shot their bubblegum. One or two dead ones are all it would have taken, and we'd have been spared all of this nonsense.

Oh, well, now we have federal morons with an easy job and a nice fat pension, paid for by you and me. What would we do without government? :rolleyes:

I understand old Ron Paul, in his trips between Washington and Texas, used to be handled particularly roughly going through TSA. The only politician who gave a rat's patoot about the Constitution.

The first time I got frisked, was in the basement of Orly airport, on an El Al flight to Tel Aviv. It was an Israeli soldier doing it, and inside a curtain as well. I didn't mind though, because she was a doll. :)

TSA a joke yes.

USA behind the times in Airport security for more then 30 years...

Went thru Singapore 28-34 years ago and overseas it was normal to have fully armored and full auto assault rifles at the low ready 24/7 in the airports between here and there.

They even confiscated a water pistol my brother had "because it could be filled with acid and used as a weapon".

Course we got a flight pin and could go up to the cockpit - I even got to sit in the co-pilots seat a couple times.

Made the 17 hour flights go a little faster.

TSA is as effective as gun control. It wasn't that long ago that a guy from TX was taking bags of glocks over to Europe by telling the counter people they were display models. Made a dozen trips or so before they caught him.

Went thru Singapore 28-34 years ago and overseas it was normal to have fully armored and full auto assault rifles at the low ready 24/7 in the airports between here and there.

A month or so post 9 / 11, there were huge amounts of military in the nations airports. Most were rolling with AR's. Of course in Portland that would have made everybody lose their minds, so they only carried those worthless Beratta 9mms.

Sitting in Denver waiting for my connection back to Portland, I had my sandwhich and was sitting there reading the latest copy of " Combat Handguns and Rifles" when the military dudes came by, then again, then again, so finally I just struck up the conversation with them, is my reading material making you nervous ?? Ohh nooo not at all. Good, because I am glad to see you rolling with decent arms since the pussies up in Portland will have to shoot spitwads at anybody trying any thing. I came through Denver quite a bit and talked to the same guys every trip for about 3 months.

I get one way tickets quite frequently and also change tickets at the last minute. No increase in scrutiny at all. Randomly get the nitrates swab too, but not very often. Wearing the same jacket and shoes that I wore at the range the day before doesn't set anything off either.

For those that don't travel frequently, I understand that it's a new experience and you focus on that particular detail. But in reality, it's no big deal. I get more frustrated by the people that all of a sudden realize that they're at a security checkpoint and haven't got their crap ready. They stand there and block everyone else for 5 minutes while they try to figure out which way is up. Then they go in and out of the metal detectors while they take out one piece of jewelry or change at a time. It's really not rocket science but some can't seem to figure it out.

And then there are the people traveling with small children or elderly people traveling alone. I'll help them out whenever I can. It's got to be rough on them and you have no idea why they're traveling. Could very well be a funeral.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top