JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ap_19086790343866-6678ead5cfd0552132c33640c287bb4fe324dde5.jpg

Well, to be fair, I can sorta see why they would. I get that it's pretty tiny, but why even bother trying to fly with something like that. I travel frequently for work and it would be somewhat annoying to get held up in the security line because someone was trying to make a statement.

It looks like something that some idiot would think it is a real gun? I worked at PDX. They have bins
full of bright colored red and green plastic squirt guns that were confiscated. :confused: My wife was working
at the bank when a guy holds it up with a gun that has the red plastic ring around the muzzle?:eek: Afterwords she
asked the detective about it if it was a real gun? He said it could be you never can be sure.:eek:

It looks like something that some idiot would think it is a real gun? I worked at PDX. They have bins
full of bright colored red and green plastic squirt guns that were confiscated. :confused: My wife was working
at the bank when a guy holds it up with a gun that has the red plastic ring around the muzzle?:eek: Afterwords she
asked the detective about if it was not a real gun he said it could be you never can be sure.:eek:
Sounds like a Nazi or Stalinist's logic. "Kill 'em all, because You Can Never Be Sure..."

Now I'm all curious about just what was on that flashdrive....

....maybe they wanted to confiscate Hillary's pre-written "condolence" letters?,

"Dear ________ ________ ,
Bill and I are so very sorry to hear of the surprising, recent suicide of _______ ______. We always find it
to be very therapeutic to morn such a tragic loss of a loved one by burning all their papers and smashing
their computers, thumb drives and deleting all social media.
Please remember to take care of yourself and your loved ones, because such emotional upheavals can
cause people to drive distracted, play with ropes and walk in parks ignoring their surroundings.
Stay safe, we'd just hate to lose another dear friend.

Hoping this finds you, your family, friends. and associates remaining well, for now.

Last Edited:
It takes a mucking foron to confiscate a flashdrive.

I get the frustration with the silly TSA rules, but why bring the dang thing in the first place when they know it's going to get confiscated. What effective stand is being taken? I fly practically every week and most TSA workers are just everyday Joe's doing an unpopular job. Doubt they have much leeway for an item like that.

Well, to be fair, I can sorta see why they would. I get that it's pretty tiny, but why even bother trying to fly with something like that. I travel frequently for work and it would be somewhat annoying to get held up in the security line because someone was trying to make a statement.
I hear what you are saying but I'm betting the dang thing was in the bottom of a laptop pocket and the traveler didn't even think twice about it since it is after all a flash drive. I highly doubt he was "flashing" it around … (ha ha … get it, flashing? Okay I digress :rolleyes:)

But … TSA showcases this confiscation as somehow making our lives safer? Really?

asked the detective about it if it was a real gun? He said it could be you never can be sure.:eek:
One of the school lockdowns was over a clear pink squirt gun. I saw it after I took custody from the cops. Anybody who could have mistaken that for a real gun would have to be a special kind of psychotic, as most of my psychotic patients could have told you.

I'd consider a squirt gun a weapon if being pointed at me by an adult in a non-play context. It could contain acid.

Well when you consider the TSA took away a kid's "GI Joe" plastic rifle out of the package, this is nothing. There is NO limit to human stupidity and the TSA is the proving grounds.

Is the whole thing ridiculous...? Yes indeed.

With that said...
In today's world...With things being the way the are....
Why would you bring something like that to the airport...?
Andy

The last time I flew, they took a WWII P38 can opener from me that was on my key chain.

I would have called a manager over on that one. You can request one for things like that, or even if you feel like the agent in question is being unprofessional.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top